Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pioneer head unit installation help?

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Didn't it come with install instructions? Pretty sure it's buried in the middle of the operation manual for those.

For wire colours in the car loom:
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vk-vz-stereo-wiring-colours.14909

Or you can probably buy a Aerpro loom (from Autobarn) to connect from the Pioneer to the Holden loom.

Not sure on dismantling the dash but I'm sure there's a thread somewhere with instructions.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Pay a professional to do it for you.

Sure, fitting a head unit is pretty straight forward if you know what your doing, and are fairly familiar with the layout of the dash and it's dissmantle.

But you have a decent unit there, and quite a nice ride. You obviously have alteast a bit of money, so i don't reccomend running the risk of butchering something just to save a few dollars.

boby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II supercharged s pack and VY lumina
sorry? is this for the vy or the vx??

Maccasmack

Reaction score
Members Ride
5 Speed VX Spac
this is the vx. dont have the vy anymore. have to get around to changing that lol.
right now. very strapped for cash, got HU cheap off a mate who works at jb ;), he said he can help, thought i might be able to sus it out tho. gunna get me one of them aerpro looms tho.
thanks guys much appreciated ;)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
this is the vx. dont have the vy anymore. have to get around to changing that lol.
right now. very strapped for cash, got HU cheap off a mate who works at jb ;), he said he can help, thought i might be able to sus it out tho. gunna get me one of them aerpro looms tho.
thanks guys much appreciated ;)

Just take note that quite often the Aerepro wiring harness adapter's have a wire or two around the wrong way. I've never used one before so i couldn't tell you exactly which wires they are likely to be. Maybe someone who's familiar with them can give you the right answer. (Pretty sure HoldenBoy knows a bit about them) Could save you a bit of time and confusen come time for the installation.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Nope, never used a harness adapter in my life. :)

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Hmmm, my memory serves my wrong:( well hopefully the person with the answer will reply)