Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please help!! Vr stumbling/ wanting to stall on takeoff from lights ect..

WAFFEN SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Charged VS Commodore and 5L VT Clubby
Id say clean out the IAC valve on the TB and reset it and then the computer again (power off for 30min+)

CHA53R

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
sorry for the late reply... throttle body was pretty dirty, cleaned it all out before i put it back in.. what do i clean the iac with? throttle body cleaner or some metho or something? and just un plug the battery for half hour ? serviced the transmittion today didnt help either... the pan was pretty clean, no bits of metal or anything...... took a bit of notice of it today, when cold it doesnt do it, its after a few minutes of driving and braking that it does it....

CHA53R

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
ok cleaned the AIC valve, was dirty as..... cleaned all of the holes inside the throttle body.... and while i was there checked the crank angle sensor and the plug on that was pretty dirty too... cleaned that and one of the metal slots on the plug lookes pretty crap so i tryd scratching on it to bare metal. cleaned that to the best as i can.. dryed off with paper towl and let sit for 20 mins then put a hair dryer on it all for about 5 mins took it for a drive, thought mad its gone... soon as the car warmed up the bloody thing starts again.... any suggestions?

Youngblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
my guess is its the crank angle sensor, less than $50 delivered on ebay.

tripletsdad

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt commodore
ok not on the same car u had the problem, u having was same problem i had on my skyline awhile ago replaced alot of stuff only to find out the crank angle sensor had **** it self didnt do anything while cold but moment it warmed up car was a dog

CHA53R

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
will a vt crank angle sensor fit? as i have a mate with a wrecking vt wagon so get the parts cheap... im going to do the sump gasket on the weekend as its rooted so i will do the crank angle while im there... bloody car is shitting me off lol only had it a couple of months...

Youngblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
some things you just shouldn't skimp on......crank angle sensor being one of them, buy a new one and you wont have to replace it ever again

CHA53R

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
i did a bit of research, it says to pour cold water on it when it warms up and starts stumbling and playing up... il give it a go and if it fixes it il buy a new one if not il replace it anyway with the vt one and put the money on a new coil pack and dfi module. im guessing its one of the sensors... not sure why the ecu is not picking it up but hey.. might look into a multimeter if this doesnt work and go over the whole thing..