Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pls delete

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
was just a little bored one day, so i made them. will take your advice :p
They were originally for a mates VX ss but he sold it. lol

BTW, they are in the exact place where the badges go...

as said in above post, its higher up.

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
see what you think now :)

Looks clean and tidy in majority of the pics! Nice pick up!

Neons and commodores should never, EVER mix in my opinion though! As said above - each to their own!

Any more pics of the bonnet? How did you customise it?

t-rob

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VR
I had to choose something for my HSC major design project so i decided to do a bonnet for the VR. I picked up a second hand bonnet from the wreckers for $80. The bonnet I got from the wreckers was red, so i stripped back the paint and went to town with an angle grinder. I copied the style of the new clubbys and changed a couple of angles. I cut out the templates for the scoops out of sheet metal and braised them in, using oxy. I used body filler and fibreglass to shape the scoops, sanding them after every go. Doing this many times to get them perfect. Once i was satisfied with the bonnet, it was ready for paint. I got the paint from my local auto paint store. I got the paint colour matched to alaskan white for $40 for 1 litre. I first sprayed the bonnet with primer, then three coats of white.

All up the bonnet cost me around the $280 mark. (not including all the tools and painting gear, I already had)

Last edited: