Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Police Code Update Failure !!

Philth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
Krustyone said:
I rang one dealership, they were going to charge $44 and I needed to make a booking.. Sheesh.
I rang a second dealership and they said bring it down. I t will only take a few miutes.

So I did. No dramas.
Not sure if i'll miss the Speed alert.

Will VZ firmware go onto vy dashes??

Cant this be accessed by holding the mode and up (or is it set?) buttons whilst turning the ignition to reds?

ive drivin a few vz and maybe one vy (rentals)and im sure i got the digital spedo to show up :unsure:

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
It is a tech 2 job. When upgrading one of the work cars- it wasn't a police pack i watched them do it. Part of the upgrade was noting on the tech 2 what the cars features were- e.g. this one was a v6 LPG Auto the it accepted the change.

V

VYII S

VT29C1 said:
It is a tech 2 job. When upgrading one of the work cars- it wasn't a police pack i watched them do it. Part of the upgrade was noting on the tech 2 what the cars features were- e.g. this one was a v6 LPG Auto the it accepted the change.

It is a Police 'pack',....TECH2 even states "Police" ??!! I watched the mechanic attempt it 4 times over his shoulder !

Tech2 picks up all the car features - it downloads automatically when connected to the car computer.

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
Well, I saw the update failon VYIIwork car becasue they didnt select the right combination of transmission and engine, that's all.

Not fussed, I've got it.

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
yes, go into holden and get it done. 2minute job

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
I thought the VYT's had the digital speedo anyway? My old works 1 tonner VY had it, I'm sure of it, unless they had it activated by tech 2.

also just curious, if you guys dont have the speedo, what do you watch? fuel consumption or odo or something?

RichardW

Reaction score
Police speedo also has the "trap speed" function. Police use it to "trap" the speed of a person on their speedo ie, the speed they were following you at. So they can give you a ticket.

Nothing worth having

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
Y2kGoofball said:
also just curious, if you guys dont have the speedo, what do you watch? fuel consumption or odo or something?

Mine is the odo as well as the other stuff that comes up like radio station/track number/speed alert/gear (when in Park for example).

With the digital speedo do you still get to see all this?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
police mode is displayed on the tech 2 as part of the configuration menu & has been since VT

Rob