Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Police Code Update Failure !!

V

VYII S

Y2kGoofball said:
I thought the VYT's had the digital speedo anyway? My old works 1 tonner VY had it, I'm sure of it, unless they had it activated by tech 2.

also just curious, if you guys dont have the speedo, what do you watch? fuel consumption or odo or something?

No, would have been activated to Police.

Usually watch Fuel.

V

VYII S

RichardW said:
Police speedo also has the "trap speed" function. Police use it to "trap" the speed of a person on their speedo ie, the speed they were following you at. So they can give you a ticket.

Nothing worth having

Speed Trap ? How does this work ?

V

VYII S

maxy0987 said:
Mine is the odo as well as the other stuff that comes up like radio station/track number/speed alert/gear (when in Park for example).

With the digital speedo do you still get to see all this?

It overrides the Speed Limitter.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
:cops: if you get this police mode feature turned ON, can it be turned OFF again at a later stage???? ie. revert back to having the speed limiter again later if you want it back???

RichardW

Reaction score
VYII S said:
Speed Trap ? How does this work ?
You have the digital speedo on the dash and push one of the dash buttons the up one from memory and it locks the speed in with the words "Trap Seed" displayed.

No real need in having it unless you are a cop.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
even then its no real use because a) the speedo's on these cars arent calibrated and b) for this reason the only time they'll have a speed to show is when a highway patrol cop has it locked on either their calibrated speedo (which is a 3rd party digital speedo thats calibrated daily) or their radar speed detector

Snap

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Commodore
Personally I find it easier to read the digital speedo than the gauge. It's sort of in my periphery vision.

That and I'm used to cars having the gear indicator on the dash.

SPack

Wish it would rain......
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 sportwagon (phantom)
I called my local dealership (Toowoomba) and they said that there was a set charge of $45 to use the Tech2. Also have to book in..... I'm about to drive down to Melbourne so I will try my luck with the dealerships while I'm down there.