Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Polishing wheels.

NFNSUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/x - VS BT1
I've been cruising through youtube and came across this video,

And im just curious, would this be possible with VY ss's?

312029_2609618356776_1144477467_33138450_469447765  _n.jpg

I realise its not the best rim picture, but it allows me to point this out. As you can see, they have no dish at all. so if this were possible, itd only be the outta lip.

Which in my opinion.. would be look interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Great result but get your fingers caught in the rotating spokes and you will be maimed for life. I think I would be using some kind of foam block to hold the paper with and get my fingers further away from the wheel. Otherwise a pretty good idea. Its a shame you cant use this method for the whole wheel it would come up well.

I wonder if shaving all that metal off is a good idea though?

machone

Reaction score
Members Ride
VHSLE/VXSS/VXEXEC
seriously that video should be banned what a absolute moron as Dakster said do it and youll only ever do it once....ive got VYss rims and you cant do it with the rim do it and that VY spoke will tear your finger off....spend a couple of hundred bucks and get them professionally done...btw most small marks on those rims will come out easily with an orbital sander and a medium grade sandpaper my rims ive just done....they were in a champagne paint but it was done by a dodgy painter they were flaking off so i ripper stripped them sanded them down now to bare now there primed just needing for me to respray ( when i pull my finger out)...there a bitch to get the paint off because there are a lot of crevices in the rim but it wasnt all that bad yes i could of had them soda blasted or acid dipped but i thought a cool lil project ill do....but no way would i ever put my hand near a spoke of a wheel turning on a cars motor like hes doing.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
looks good but f that! i got my entire simmons b45's stripped/soda blasted and polished (mirror) for 70bux a wheel. they still look just as good as the day they were done and that was 10yr ago and all i do is wipe em with a cloth wen washing the car. well worth the 280$$$. save yourself the drama

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
10yr ago for $70 a wheel, would it be worth asking whodunnit?