Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pollushon's VSII Acclaim

redvs2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged Vs, VY ss ute, rodeo daily
Sounds like it's going well mate! Yeah mine used to leak bad at where that pipe which goes through the tensioner pulley assembly goes into the lim. It's an odd size o ring. Took me a few goes to find the right one to stop it leaking.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Yeah that was the other reason, had to go to Holden for a $20 o ring

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Sounds like it's going well mate! Yeah mine used to leak bad at where that pipe which goes through the tensioner pulley assembly goes into the lim. It's an odd size o ring. Took me a few goes to find the right one to stop it leaking.

Hey man, long time no speak. Yeah, it certainly is although I'm a bit disgruntled this morning. Whacked $20 of Caltex 98 in to keep her over 1/4 tank, and giving it a couple of squirts on the way to work it audibly pinged :-\ Never happened before, temps were good, so that Caltex servo is now dead to me.

Touch wood that leak is gone, but I won't jinx it :)

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Picked up 2 sets of Bendix Ultimate fronts for $72, go SuperCheap Bathurst sales. Just whacked them on, so far they seem like a nice pair of stoppin shoes, but I'll reserve judgement til they wear in to the disc. Hopefully I get more than 16k out of these, unlike the HPX.

PS - The BP Ultimate has given her a smoother idle and no pinging, was 30c here today so fingers crossed detonation be gone.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Quick drive up to Sydney and voila! A recently reco'd 3.9 LSD for some launch fast goodness.

Diff.jpg

First highway trip was a little disappointing but then again I certainly didn't just cruise. 3/4 a tank to 520kms. I did waste a bit though, when opportunity knocks, i.e. a group of ricers and one VE SS scream past you and you're already doing 130kmh, no traffic, realising that it would take 6 cops and 6 guns to nab everyone, you're at the back and camera's are the only calculated risk, you floor it. Holy ****, it's got as much legs up high as down low, I nearly peed a little. Needs a wheel balance though.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Better remember to put an added bush into that. The bush that reduces diff tramp. Its a really good addition.

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
That rear mount. That has the 4 bolt holes for the body then one large bolt into the diff.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
So is that on the two main bolts holding it to the diff or the 4 to the body? This is a pre-made bit? Got a linky?