Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pollushon's VSII Acclaim

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Might I ask your age Anton? Insurers are discriminatory bastards (for good reason I guess), whilst I'm closer to the grave, being mid thirties with a clean record (touch-wood) has its advantages.

How far away from boosting the VS are you? I have lost track of your plans for the beast

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
How far away from boosting the VS are you? I have lost track of your plans for the beast

It'll be somewhere around May, three planned stages of work, so either three weekends or I might just get sick :) or take leave, I do like my employer.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
It's all pretty easy to fit mate. Def less than three weeks worth

Yea, you're absolutely right going by those pics you sent, I'm just QA anal (it's an IT thing I reckon :)). Planned to do fuel pump, reg, extend the wiring for IAC, TPS, MAF and move the coil pack first, then drive on it for a week to make sure it's all sweet. The I was going to do the intercooler and plumb it into the engine bay next, drive on it for a week, then do the plenum, fueling, charger and plumb the rest up the following week. But I reckon that'll migrate to a shorter space when it's in front of me.

Because I have the VSII Acclaim there's a bunch of crap in my way, like behind the front bar, a PS cooler and trans cooler, the trans cooler piping is in the way of the outlet plumbing for the SC, but has a bit of play. I think I'll drop the PS cooler though, racks and pumps are cheap, easy enough to fit, it's not going to die in 5 minutes if at all. I also have ABS so sadly I'm going to have to hack and slash your gorgeous inlet piping and 'frankenstein' it to get me to somewhere that can do a quality job.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Sensor cabling extended! Soldered sweetly, heat shrink on and wrapped up neatly. I've cable tied it all out of the way for now.

Funnily enough my damned rear view mirror came off when I hung a right turn this morning, which was convenient as it didn't hit me in the head. Only drive for a while where I haven't had the kids with me either. $12 later and it's not coming off in a hurry. You don't realise how much you need it til it's gone.

So I've decided to upgrade my trans-cooler when the bar is off for the intercooler install. Are the metal trans cooler lines suited to 8mm rubber lines? I'm going to hacksaw the bolt-ons off (they get in the way) and use dual fuel injection line hose clamps to run some new lines right out of the way and bypass the rad. Puzzles me why they use the rad when there's a cooler up front.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Bah. Had to reverse the IAC wiring. I think the gauge is too low or the wire is farked somewhere. Stalled at the shops and then ran like a pig re idle to home. Reversed the extension and it's fine.