Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Poor fuel Consumption

AMAGDN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Formula
bugger oh well i was gonna say that we would have to catch up sometime lol i live in the always sunny (except wen it rains lol) brisneyland

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
Always in another state :cry:

AMAGDN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Formula
ok also you said that the ticking noise is my injectors wat needs to be done about this to fix it?

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
I'm in NSW... Not much help either! I have the tick as well - I'm not really worried about it, I cant hear it in the car - should I be?

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
AMAGDN said:
ok also you said that the ticking noise is my injectors wat needs to be done about this to fix it?

Nothing will really fix its, its just the injectors opening and closing, it shouldn't be that loud. The new ones i put in were quieter but still made noise. Its either that or your lifters :eek:

AMAGDN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Formula
nah u can only really hear it if the bonnet is up oh well ill have to wait till 2moro 2 check the spark plugs tho to see if its running too lean from a f#@*ed regulator i have a blocked nose atm but i still got a slight smell of fuel in the vacuum hose so yeah

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
AMAGDN said:
nah u can only really hear it if the bonnet is up oh well ill have to wait till 2moro 2 check the spark plugs tho to see if its running too lean from a f#@*ed regulator i have a blocked nose atm but i still got a slight smell of fuel in the vacuum hose so yeah

LOL that could be a problem :rofl: if the spark plug heads are white then shes definately lean.

AMAGDN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Formula
oh well $75 bucks for an adjustable fuel regulator is good good ol ebay i also saw some ebc brake pads mmmmmm me want some

silver_bullet

Now Genesis Blue Bullet
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore S
that ticking sound is most likely just tappits on ur valves, normal thing. um best u check ur tank for a hole, check ur fuel lines, may have a pin hole in them from a stone or sumthing. yea um just check ya spark plugs, change ya filters and stuff like that.