Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Poor VH

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL 3.3 Litre 5 speed, 2002 VY Executive
G'day On wednesday last week a truck reversed into my car. he first gave me the previous owners details, however I noted down his company number and rego, after goin through his company to get his number as he gave me the wrong details, he finally took down my details and said he'd contact his insurance which is aliance, has anyone heard of this insurance company and what should i do to make sure i get paid out? pics below

truckdamage2.jpg

truckdamage1.jpg

what ya reckon its gonna cost?

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
A new non-genuine complete headlight and indicator assembly should cost u around the $50 mark from carsRus which is a sponsor of JC. Not sure about the bonnet coz if u get urs fixed or get another one it's gonna need paint, which will not be very cheap. And if the fender needs fixing too well they might just class the car as an economic write off (the ol' girls aren't worth much these days).

Is it really worth trying to get the insurance company to pay?....u should just get in contact with the guy who smashed it, and see if he'll pay for ur new headlight and indicator, coz it's prolly gonna work out cheaper him paying for that then his excess (if he has one) to get it all fixed. If u do get the bonnet (and fender if required) painted it's gonna look like poo coz you'll have a shiny bonnet and faded paint everywhere else. Maybe see if he'll also pay for the paint to have it painted, then just rub the whole car back and spray the whole thing urself.

Dunno tho it's up to you.

The pic below is the results to the old PEAKN6 after a van overtook us on the left (only 2 lane road, one each way), and as he come back in front he clipped the front. If we took him to court he prolly would of been up **** creek without a paddle coz he just got out of his van, said it was our fault then got back in and left without giving us his details. He said we hit him from behind, even tho the damage says otherwise lol....it's been hit from the side, not the front....bloody knob head.

Anyways here's the pic.....and I got 2 quotes, both around the $1200 mark.

peakn6_crash01_01.jpg

peakn6_crash01_02.jpg

The damage was caused by the bullbar thing on the back of his van. Turns out it wasn't even his van, it was a company van.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
LOL, who wants a non genuine headlight. It should be fixed to exactly how it sits, unless a genuine one is not avaliable.

Also, whats a fender?

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
LOL, who wants a non genuine headlight. It should be fixed to exactly how it sits, unless a genuine one is not avaliable.

Well if it bothers the owner that much then go genuine. It will never be repaired back to it's state b4 the accident....how are u gonna fix then dent without painting it afterwards?.....something will be different...whether it be a shiny bonnet or a dodgy part on the bonnet. Again, if u don't mind having one shiny panel then go ahead.

Also, whats a fender?

You serious?

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Well if it bothers the owner that much then go genuine. It will never be repaired back to it's state b4 the accident....how are u gonna fix then dent without painting it afterwards?.....something will be different...whether it be a shiny bonnet or a dodgy part on the bonnet. Again, if u don't mind having one shiny panel then go ahead.

You serious?

Paint is fair enough, but the difference between a genuine and non genuine light is usually alot. I'd only accept genuine ones if my car was smashed (and i even bought a set of genuine rear lights, as opposed to the cheaper non genuine ones.

Fender, hood, trunk.....Austramerica

Trav001

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SL 3.3 Litre 5 speed, 2002 VY Executive
thanks for the input, the intire car is a mix of colours, the fender isnt damaged which is good as they aint cheap. hopfully the bonnet can just be bent into shape, I did some research on rare spares and indicators are $25 and headlight assembly is $80 somthing, or i could get just the lense for $35

tigervh

SS.....smokin....!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Tiger Mica EFI VH, VZ SS, XC Barina SRI
G'day On wednesday last week a truck reversed into my car. he first gave me the previous owners details, however I noted down his company number and rego, after goin through his company to get his number as he gave me the wrong details, he finally took down my details and said he'd contact his insurance which is aliance, has anyone heard of this insurance company and what should i do to make sure i get paid out? pics below

First up you should contact the police and report the false details you were given, in most states this is a reasonably serious traffic offense. You will need to get some quotes to repair the damage and then send the driver a letter of demand for the cost of repairs. He will need this to make a claim on his insurance.

Alliance is a large reputable insurance company.