Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ported ecotec heads

Lazin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS V6 Wag
Hey Sircruize, my heads were 1k I supplied springs and retainers, they recoed the heads, new stem seals, conical seat grind, porting was minor as the walls are quite thin, they ended up flowing about 300- 350hp from memory, Ill try to find my spec sheet tonight.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
Hey Sircruize, my heads were 1k I supplied springs and retainers, they recoed the heads, new stem seals, conical seat grind, porting was minor as the walls are quite thin, they ended up flowing about 300- 350hp from memory, Ill try to find my spec sheet tonight.

awesome thanks man, when i get mine done ill be sending my heads and intake manifold to whoever i end up getting to do it, it already has c.o.m.e. springs and retainers so ill save a little on that.
if you find that spec sheet post it up! i like to look at em, lol.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
How did you end up going in your search for heads ? I been getting a few quotes, and many different theories.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
How did you end up going in your search for heads ? I been getting a few quotes, and many different theories.

i just ended up having them hand ported at a place in brissy, not sure of the place as my mechanic knew them and sorted it all out for me. the cost was about $2k all up for everything, drive in drive out.

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
i just ended up having them hand ported at a place in brissy, not sure of the place as my mechanic knew them and sorted it all out for me. the cost was about $2k all up for everything, drive in drive out.

How the heads going ? Have you noticed an improvment ?

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
yeah, there's a decent improvement ive got no way of knowing exactly how many hp increase or anything, but it definately made a difference for the better - one of the biggest things i noticed is how much quicker/easier it will rev and gain rpm.
ill ask my mech next time i see him to see where they were done.