Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Possible Speeding fine. Is it worth fighting?

hardcore90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SV6 Manual
So on the weekend i drove my 1000km old Sv6 past a mobile speed camera with the digital speedo reading exactly 100km/h. I got flashed by the camera as i got past the vehicle. So should I expect a fine in the mail for this and is it worth disputing this? Am I wrong in assuming that a brand new car should have an accurate speedo.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
Wait for the fine mate, sometimes they flash like that when they are setting up- getting flash timing right or something... most likely nothing to worry about.
Might be a couple of weeks though, so unfortunately all you can do is wait it out.

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
Same thing happened to me a while back, but I never heard anything about it.

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
If your near a camera and it flashes you in the face and your doing the speed limit you don't have to worry these cameras can get people from 200m away so it may not have been you they tagged

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
if your speedo was saying 100 then you were probably only going 98-97 so you should be fine assuming you were in a 100 zone.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
No the speedo don't have to be 100% I think it can be up to 8% either way so Mazda told us Wen we rang about the speedo being out in my misses 09 Mazda 3 its a load of crap if u ask. Me my vz wagon and rodeo are spot on why cant Mazda do yhe same job.

BigBoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Sorry mate, but that^^^ is incorrect a speedo will always read faster than you are going never slower.

gsh1970

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV ute XYZ XYZ
In a word: "no" - lawyers fees will easily exceed any fine and you may have to pay the police's legal cost to challenge if you lose - if you do it yourself, think of the lost time

myberlina

BAD COP! NO DOUGHNUT!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Calais
I am of the belief that my 06 Calais reads exactly 3kph faster in general. Anyone else noticed this?