Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Possible Transmission Problem

jake383

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 hbd vz calais
my girl friends car had the exact same problem at highway speeds you go to accelerate it shudders and wont drop back then you put your foot down it drops back and its ok in her case it was spark plugs, my advise is to change them first as it cant hurt anyway, holden recomend they get changed at 120,000km. thats a few kms for spark plugs anyway good luck

Slipper

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6 A5
booked into indooropilly stealership for a diagnostic to "hopefully" find out what is wrong with the transmission, apparently holden wont look at any sort of service until they run diagnostics on it, which i think is fair, i had a mechanic look over it previously and he suggested a diagnostics and then service, holden quoted me 350-370 for a service, this is after 120 for diagnostics, does this seem excessive to you guys? 350 seems like a lot for what is essentially an oil and filter change, does anyone know of anywhere in brisbane which would do a comprable job for less if i find out all i do need is a service?

rpurser

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ exec Wagon
for $290 i just had my trannie serviced (oil, filter etc) and my rear diff serviced at my mechanic. Money well spent in my opinion. as other posts have said, i'd just do it for the peace of mind regardless whether its required or not.