Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Post Ur Best Patchy!!!

W

Wonderboy

ok all these ones were on private roads in the middle of nowhere.

i used to drive that dark blue vp but wrote it off the other day, i think i might get a vr wagon and blend in with you vr/vs blokes.

also i concur on a mini-spool. my cousin had a vq stato with one and i drove it all the time and i couldnt get enough. it wasnt too bad on tyres either. when i get another commodore its priority on my list.

Attachments

• My donut2.JPG
    My donut2.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 153
  • My vp.JPG
    My vp.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 164
  • Rory's r33.JPG
    Rory's r33.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 159
  • sean's senator.JPG
    sean's senator.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 166
  • sean's senator2.JPG
    sean's senator2.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Ben's calais.JPG
    Ben's calais.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 180
H

Holdenvs

BERLINAIIVS said:
im on my L's and i can remember the day i did my first standstill (1 week ago)
and i poped my tyre :D

use left foot to hold brake just a bit enough so the car doesnt move and use ur right foot to press the throttle and ifs its an auto put in 1 with power should see smoke straight away

hahahaahahaah wat a lie u didnt pop ur tyre and u call me sad jus so u sound good u say u popped ur tyre LOL

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
nice patchwork wonderboy :thumbsup: :)

Benji

Vote For Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking For A VR - VS Stato V8
nice work wonder boy love the GTR :w00t: :thumbsup:

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
im also wondering about a new diff as i think i have a lsd at the moment only coz it somtimes spins both wheels. but yeah whats the price on both a mini spool and a lsd both new and second hand i dont mind i got alot of work i goto do to my car and thats like 2nd on the list first is lowering
ok thanx

ps what exactly is the difference between a minispool and lsd

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
WILD VS CLUBBY said:
im also wondering about a new diff as i think i have a lsd at the moment only coz it somtimes spins both wheels. but yeah whats the price on both a mini spool and a lsd both new and second hand i dont mind i got alot of work i goto do to my car and thats like 2nd on the list first is lowering
ok thanx

ps what exactly is the difference between a minispool and lsd

an lsd [ limited slip diffrential ] will, after a set abound of "difference" in the axels, lock them together, this can be felt by the car "stepping out" even on a dry road surface, this device was designed to help cars put its pwoer down more evenly. as you know when cornering the inside wheel is the lightest and thus will spin by itself, a lsd will kick in and then the axel will lock, thus the inside wheel gets some of its spin or energy directed to the outside wheel, where it has grip to spare [it IS under weight so mroe grippy] the end result? less one wheel spinners and more cornering speed.

a minispool is the same idea only rather than clutches kicking in after some axel difference, the axels are locked together 24/7 via a device [ the spool ]. the same effect is intended as the lsd.

so what are the pro's and cons?

PRO LSD:
-its can be adjusted [if its a good one] so you can set it to work at a set point
-street legal
-though many say the tires dont skip or scrape in a minispool [normal driving] an lsd will garentee that

PRO SPOOL:
- doesnt wear out!
- is in effect 24/7 thus its predictable
- its a very simple device

CON LSD:
- eventually the clutches in it wear out and it looses its effective ness
- it is a little complicated internally
- many say that it'll kick in whenever it likes or it may not always engage, thus a tad unpredicatble

CON SPOOL:
- isnt street legal [but who's to know ;) ]
- under extreme conditions or in the case of a bad / old axel, breakages there may occur
- some report that havvign the wheels locked can cause tires to wear a little more

Side facts:
other options include going for a remote or air locker, which will lock the diff when you want it locked [though not while in motion]

manual diff locks [the front hibs on toyota hilux / lancruiser etc ] had the same idea in mind, locking both the front wheels so if one loses traction the other still gets power, stops one wheel spinner bogs.

hopefully that'll help. though at that rate i may as well of posted it as a new thread then linked it.

-edit-
fixed spool explanation a little

-edit 2-
man that light blue vs looks sweet as, beautiful colour mate :D

Rhino Racing

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn/vp Speedway Street Sedan
Burnin ru

Yeah i know its not a commodore!!!!
Here is a pic we took in the late 80's i'm in a mates cruiser.
It was a short wheel base.... and we pulled the tired old donk out and put a 350 in it.
Used to roast them tyres like you wouldnt believe.
Lotsa fun tho.

Attachments

• Burnin Rubber 2.jpg
    Burnin Rubber 2.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 131

Benji

Vote For Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking For A VR - VS Stato V8
what ever happened to this thread i use to love it and all of a sudden it just died :cry: :(

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I dunno.. but when I get my new transmission, I know a couple of private roads that are going to be re-painted.. and I know a guy who is going to be giving me a nice supply of stockies :D