Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

post ur lowered pics and prices

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
480bfad5.jpg

03a504ec.jpg

2c412002.jpg

100% free

clubsport-r8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6, VZ Clubsport R8
I agree with what was said with pedders they are much firmer, however they cope with a fully loaded care pretty well, I want to change to king superlows as i have monroe gt sport shocks. How do kings cope with a fully loaded car and would i be better off with heavy dutie rear springs?

showtime

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5.0l
If you want to tow or haul heavy loads, maybe look into air bags. You know the type that go in the middle of your spring. I know alot of people that have extremely low utes and they still tow heavy work trailers just by inflating the air bag.
As for kings, I never had any problems with carrying loads, i used to tow my hillclimb car on car trailer from time to time. That was ultra lows and 19inch wheels.
The main problem I had with being this low was that when you've got a full car and you load it up like starting a burnout or drifting out of a corner, the tailshaft would hit the floor and make quite a racket. This is not ideal at all. ended up modifying the floor to prevent this from happening. Thats why I have bort an IRS calais this time.

franck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive 5.0 M5
I agree with what was said with pedders they are much firmer, however they cope with a fully loaded care pretty well, I want to change to king superlows as i have monroe gt sport shocks. How do kings cope with a fully loaded car and would i be better off with heavy dutie rear springs?

when i have 5 people in the car the fuel tank is the problem with mine it hits bumps and lumps on the road, so forget hard acceleration with full load, even worse with full tank of fuel, becomes un comfortable to drive as every time you see an uneven road you think what am i going to fug up this time, think fuel tank is 75ltrs....have to get a bank loan to fill her up!!!

Blakvsexec

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.0L VS EXECUTIVE
If you want to tow or haul heavy loads, maybe look into air bags. You know the type that go in the middle of your spring. I know alot of people that have extremely low utes and they still tow heavy work trailers just by inflating the air bag.
As for kings, I never had any problems with carrying loads, i used to tow my hillclimb car on car trailer from time to time. That was ultra lows and 19inch wheels.
The main problem I had with being this low was that when you've got a full car and you load it up like starting a burnout or drifting out of a corner, the tailshaft would hit the floor and make quite a racket. This is not ideal at all. ended up modifying the floor to prevent this from happening. Thats why I have bort an IRS calais this time.

Why anyone would want their car that low is beyond me, you might aswell put in a full air bag setup and be done with it.
The airbage you speak of are actually called POLY AIR SPRINGS they are a small air bag housed within their own spring, they will help out with your ass dragging on the ground, just remember to let them down once you lighten the load otherwise you will end up with a very stiff rear end and will become dangerous to drive.

Search POLY AIR SPRINGS on ebay , they actually do a kit for commodore ute's and wagons with live rear axle.

clubsport-r8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6, VZ Clubsport R8
Maybe I am better off keeping the pedders as even when fully loaded the car doesn't have clearance issues, though I am sick of the jolts when going over any sort of bumpy surface.

Another question is when I put the rear shocks in I noticed I have no bottom springs seats only the thicker rubber one at the top should i get a set for my car?

showtime

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5.0l
just another quick fact. for those who like a low car.
I installed ultra lows front and rear in my old vs when it was a v6, when I installed the 5.0ltr, i reckon it made the front sit perefect.
I think they were ssl's. So don't be scared my car rode nearly like a standard height car.

Patti2912

P4TT1
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT S Commodore

kmoff

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VS Ute 1996
Nice handbag mate, sets off the black and white colour scheme nicely.

unintentional but cheers, mate.

ramborf

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore wagon
C:\Documents and Settings\trevor\My Documents\My Pictures\Picture