Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

post your vy mods in here

hbdvysute

Utes the word
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s ute
hey guys, this thread im starting is for those guys out there that have done something different to the standard mods on there vy's. When i say standard i mean wheels, lowered, exhaust, ss body kit, sound system, ive done all these things and now i am stuk at the point wat to do next, so anyone who has done something different post it in here... hope this thread helps out anyone else in my situation... cheers

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
aftermarket binnacle gauges.

03vyPplater

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 Ute
place like supercheap auto you can get the cans of caliper paint, dunno how good it is, and if you do it make sure the calipers are spotless clean before you spray them, maybe put some degreaser over them first, just get them as clean as you can be before you spray

ris00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 SS
the old can of spray paint from supercheap couldnt be that good, the hear of them may peal it off. Anyone used can paint on them?

surfindude

hothouse green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S pack s1
the old can of spray paint from supercheap couldnt be that good, the hear of them may peal it off. Anyone used can paint on them?

i work at supercheap and have used the paint to a few cars and it has been on there now for almost a year now and no problems with it coming off. just had to make sure that u clean it back and i gave them a light sand. didnt have to use primer or anything just straight on. many lighter coats seemed to work must beta then few thick ones. septone is the one i used, comes in many colours and and has i real high gloss if done right. im goin g to be doin my commo soon so ill put some pics up when its all done.
hope that cleared it all up.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll

It's a special paint designed for high temperature. I bought a can of black paint that I was going to use, but never got around to doing it.

ris00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 SS
i work at supercheap and have used the paint to a few cars and it has been on there now for almost a year now and no problems with it coming off. just had to make sure that u clean it back and i gave them a light sand. didnt have to use primer or anything just straight on. many lighter coats seemed to work must beta then few thick ones. septone is the one i used, comes in many colours and and has i real high gloss if done right. im goin g to be doin my commo soon so ill put some pics up when its all done.
hope that cleared it all up.

Sounds good, do you have a model/type of the septone paint or is it pretty obvious which one it is when i go to there? Does it have like high temp paint on the can?

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Installing new binnacle

Looking at the binnacle thing as well, any tips on installing the binnacle in place of the flat piece that is installed at factory, how is it removed? Not experts in this area of the VY .......... yet.