Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power antenna!!!

Micka 84

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
Hi all just wondering if any one knows how to rewire a power antenna for a vr ss as the original stereo has been removed along with the module. i want to rewire it bypass all the junk straight to the up and down switches in the console?????

Maxmadmat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina Wagon 3.8 & VS Sedan Manual 3.8
Really depends on the antenna your using... As you said, standard they have a separate control module in the VR which provides the triger signal to go up or down.
The only aftermarket one I have installed did not have this unit it was a 4 wire setup 1 to earth (goes to base of mast), 1 supply (to battery via fuse) & 2 trigger wires for up or down, requiring a momentary supply of positive current to one these. If you can still buy an aftermarket one like this then it would be very easy to hook it to the switches via the 2 trigger wires. Not sure about wiring a standard one though, as I think they require the module?

Maxmadmat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Smartarse fact of the day: antennas receive and transmit RF energy, aerials only revive
You mean receive prehaps?

I have removed my aerial (for V SPEC ;-P) completely & I am going to fit a hidden amplifed unit filling in the ugly hole in the front guard, this could be an alternative? But then prehaps they wouldn't be powerful enough for reception over there (assuming your in Auzzie)?

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
sorry to take up your time..... but I found this for the two coloured wires and
black is earth to frame of car...negative

AERIALWIRES.jpg

also watch your mouth we are trying to help...would you prefer no one answering your thread

Last edited:

Micka 84

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
What i mean by standard is ORIGINAL parts! It has original power antenna and the original stereo has been removed along with the module which is usually located above the ecu on passengers side kick panel! I pulled the power antenna out today it has a BLACK wire located at the base of the mast, a white, red and an extra black wire! the red and white connected to direct 12 volt power and the extra black wire connected to the earth not the earth wire located at the base, makes the antenna go up!!! then just the red wire connected direct to 12V power and the extra black wire earthed makes the antenna retract!!! this diagram is useless to me as the original stereo has been removed as i mentioned along with the module thanks any way markovr! i need to hook the antenna up direct to the switches, can this be done with the original power antenna minus the original stereo and module???

Micka 84

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
All up the power antenna has FOUR wires 2 black a white and red!

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
So if i understand correctly, it takes the red,white, and black wire to make it go up and only the red and black to take it down? Is this correct

Maxmadmat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well then with that info connecting it should be easy!
Earth your black wire permanantly, remove the 2 switches (they are momentary switches correct me if wrong?) on one side of both switch circuts provide postive power (track back to the removed control units supply if you can & use that) the other side of the switch circut connect red & white to the up switch & red only to the down switch.... Done.