Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Cutting out??

Orpheus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Acclaim
Hi all,

Ok I've had this sort of thing happen rarely since i got the car about 6 months ago.

maybe about 3 times since I got it, When I'm driving the car feels like it looses power or slipped a gear.

The last 3 days this has been happening more, I was more aware these times.

I was driving slowly accelerating up to 100, I was on about 70 and the car lost power or something for a sec, it went down to 60 and then the power kicked back on and the car accelerated again.

During the past 3 days the car has been getting harder and harder to start. it usually start straight away by turning the key for a half sec.

today it too like 2 seconds to start. I started driving and the power completely cut out so I had to pull over and restart it.

What could be causing all this?

I'm getting ready to do a major service on it, engine oil, coolant, diff, fuel filter, spark plugs. 160km

Just did the heater core myself

Thanks in advance

CHA53R

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
Change coil packs, plugs and leads. See how you go. Does it stumble or just cut out?

Cashman_309

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais
Just did the heater core myself

Holy hell you've got balls.

How many k's are on your car?
I reckon its a fuel related problem. If u change the filter and it does nothing, have someone turn the key to accessories while you have your head near the fuel tank to listen to what the fuel pump is doing (or possibly not doing). If you hear the usual priming noise then move on to the pressure regulator and injectors.
Perhaps try a bottle of injector cleaner.
Do those sparkies too absolutely.

Edited: To fix grammar.

Orpheus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Acclaim
well i got a big day ahead of me then, I'll do the fuel pump, spark plugs and coolant today. i might go out and buy some leads now as well but those coil packs which I've never heard of before are damn expensive so I might try check them out and leave them till last.

it just went over 160km last night.

also the light dome dims sometimes when I got the door open, and I haven't even got a stereo installed. thinking maybe the batt is f'ed

the volts always stay at about 12.3 even when the car is running, i was thinking maybe the ground wire at the start

Orpheus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 Acclaim
nah no batt light coming on

blue pearl vx commy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodre series 2
also what i also fine that helps is to clean your throttle body with some carby clean while running seams to help[ a heap aswell

CHA53R

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon
And the maf, while the intakes off with crc maf cleaner