Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Power Window Headache - down down window is stuck down.

sowdy

Reaction score
Howdy folks,

Having a bit of an altercation with the rear drivers side power window. Crafty little bugger has decided to go down, and stay down. But not come up. At all.

I can hear the motor "click and try" to go up, but it can't do it. I've swapped the switch from the other size to rule out it being the switch, so it's not that.

Any suggestions folks?

Cheers

CORNY4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 304 EFI T5
When it happend to me, I got a couple of wires and a car battery. Then unplugged the motor and connected w wire to the negitive on the battery and the other to the positive. Then connect each wire to the pins on the plug. Then play round and work out what ways up

CORNY4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 304 EFI T5
So you have to take the door card off

sowdy

Reaction score
Yeah I've got the door card off, going to leave it off until I've got it sorted.

CORNY4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 304 EFI T5
Yeah, ecsact thing happened to me haha, then it started raining. But yeah, depending what's wrong with it. Putting direct power to the motor. Should Work

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
If the switch is fine then the motor is already getting power. The motor may have died in which case you need to disconnect the glass from the regulator to slide it up then tape it there. Not secure at all but will keep the water out till you get a new reg.

Sometimes a few taps with a hammer on the motor will wake it up worth a try.

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
had same problem went down and got stuck eventually after continually pressing it up it came back up and scratched all my tint, pulled the door off and it was cause of two pop rivets were broken making the electric motor lean and not come up at all eventually. All i did was put to rivets in there and was sorted. Dont no if u have the same problem but incase u do thats all u need to do. All tho i dont think urs would have been from drifting on a dirt track in the rain (which caused my window to #### up) lol

danegerous_panda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S sII
Is this a common problem in the vy? Mine does the same thing, I havent had a chance to check it out yet.

v8pinball

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT CALAIS S2
I'm having a similar problem with my VT Calais driver side front. Goes up & down fine, but if I use auto down or don't stop in time it goes too far & wont come up. I removed door trim & jemmied it with a screwdriver whilst flicking switch & got it up then it got too dark I had to stop working on it but now I'm wondering if there is a stopper in the channel that has broken or fallen out.

Colin Tareeala

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 Vy SS sadan ( Cosmo purple) auto
When it happend to me, I got a couple of wires and a car battery. Then unplugged the motor and connected w wire to the negitive on the battery and the other to the positive. Then connect each wire to the pins on the plug. Then play round and work out what ways up
Im going to have to try this lol. I wound mine down when down when i was heading to work out at the mines , and it started raining , but wouldnt wind up . Hopefully this works for mine , cheers bro