Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Powerchip Tune For Alloytec

manual vz sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
yeah i dunno why mine sits so high, ive had a look at it and cant see anything wrong, is there a chance my computer can be stuffing up even if i havnt touched it??

how much do vcm tunes cost and what are the benifits??

wel i was goin to get one til i ran out of money but thats the next thing i get i think
they are bout 900
n they change the thortle response, n take the torque managnment n if its auto the gear timing

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
Hey I live in Gladstone QLD 4680 wheres the nearest place i could get a tune for my ute to make it run lean etc etc?

cheers

Verds

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman S
Ok with simply an exhaust (extractors + cat back) and CAI you can easily get between 10 and 17 kws. Why would I spend 900 on just a tune for that ... wait exhausts are so expensive on holdens. But yea if you are going to do the tune at least make the engine breath propperly first. A tune by it self is a waste of money.

but it sounds great, a $900 tune. beats the $4000 my mate is spending on a tune for his EVO X.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
the 15rwkw's you gain from a tune you gain right arcross the rev range not just up the top like your exhaust etc. believe me the tune is more worth it then all the other mods.

Ok with simply an exhaust (extractors + cat back) and CAI you can easily get between 10 and 17 kws. Why would I spend 900 on just a tune for that ... wait exhausts are so expensive on holdens. But yea if you are going to do the tune at least make the engine breath propperly first. A tune by it self is a waste of money.

but it sounds great, a $900 tune. beats the $4000 my mate is spending on a tune for his EVO X.

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
hey vz_rob. prob a stupid question, but when you got the chip put in, it gets tuned right? so its tuned without the exhaust that you wanted... would it make a difference if you got the chip after the exhaust?
how does it sound with the stock exhaust?
G'day AZ SV6
got the twin exhaust done WOW heaps of difference :yeah:
at least another 10-12Kw at wheels
got the tune tweaked for $100
and picked up another 5Kw at wheels
do about 750ks a week 500hwy/250cty
suits me fine :thumbsup:

Corbs1234

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6
i dont see how those earlier in the forum had such high fuel consumption...i've got a 175KW alloytec 6-speed and on the open highway i'm doing around the 7L/100km (@100kph) at 80kph it drops even further to about 6L/100km
i'd love to see what a tune could do to the fuel consumption and the power =D
Anyone know somewhere in SA where this could be done?

mdmatt

mdmatt
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 LS1 Auto VZ SSZ 328.6rwhp
6l/100km? :O! i want those figures..

my svz ute (alloytech 190) manual sits on about 11.5l/100km most of the time, i've got a full s/s twin exhaust system on it.

michael91

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ute 05 v6
hey guys cam anybody help me on where to get this work done in the newcastle area
looking at getting a powerchip, pacemaker extractors and a tune
any help will be muchly appreciated=)

matches

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Supercharged
I would like to think for 8 mins work $890 dollars later, the price would be substantly cheaper than doing a dyno tune. Just can't get my head around value for buck.