Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Powersteer failure

TeknoSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2014
My power steering failed earlier this year, my car was 6 months out of warranty never had it serviced at Holden and they replaced it under warranty.
Thanks to this site I told them that I was a fairly common problem, they walked away made a call and come back and said it will all be covered no cost to me.
Hope this helps.
It will hope bro, thanks for replying

TeknoSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2014
I had this happen two weeks ago on my 2014 Gen F GTS Restarted the car and was fine but took it into Holden. Ended up getting a whole new rack. Three hour job... steering us heavier than before. Tech told me the new racks are different to the series 1.

For what it's worth I didn't think the car needed a new rack. It's all under warranty for me so I didn't care but it's typically an electrical connection fault. There's a link to this being a common issue on these cars.. see powersteering failure:

http://m.australiancar.reviews/reviews.php#!content=recalls&make=HSV&model=GTS&gen=1177
Thanks man, appreciate your input

TeknoSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS 2014

ls3 304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vfs2ss
Awesome... thanks man, will do

Teknoss... just dont go straight to a dealer they are a business and are there to make money, first thing 8 outta 10 of them will say is sorry mate its outta warranty theres nothing we can do, and i reckon some miss informed ppl would have bought that line and paid for it them self.
Dealer said the same too my friend, so i said ring Holden Customer Care, and hello no problems. Its funny cos same dealer who said it will cost him ended up doing the job.