Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pre-Purchase Advice. Issues?

extreme101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
thanks for all the input.

A few notes/q's

- I more thinking of it as costing 9k. As dual fuel (which is a must for me); will set me back 3k whichever car i get. Therefor price is very cheap. Can't see any 06 Ve's for less than 11k without LPG.
- From what RACV have told me. the oil 'weepage' and cooling 'staining' is very minor; and apparently very common in a car of this age and km's.? Thats why they gave it their 'green light GO'. Is it actually common?
- The boot crease, seems to be from a rear-end accident. RACV check for structural damage; the boot crease is all that's evident. I inspected the crease myself; its quite minor and took me a bit to find. Are there any other issues that can come with this. I trust the RACV report as to structural issues being fine. Thoughts?

My main concern is what it will/could cost me down the track. I am not concerned about minor cosmetic issues; or boot crease; bumper slightly illfitting etc. As the price is cheap for what i get (LPG/Model/Mileage); and willing to live with that.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

A few notes/q's

- I more thinking of it as costing 9k. As dual fuel (which is a must for me); will set me back 3k whichever car i get. Therefor price is very cheap. Can't see any 06 Ve's for less than 11k without LPG.
- From what RACV have told me. the oil 'weepage' and cooling 'staining' is very minor; and apparently very common in a car of this age and km's.? Thats why they gave it their 'green light GO'. Is it actually common?
- The boot crease, seems to be from a rear-end accident. RACV check for structural damage; the boot crease is all that's evident. I inspected the crease myself; its quite minor and took me a bit to find. Are there any other issues that can come with this. I trust the RACV report as to structural issues being fine. Thoughts?

My main concern is what it will/could cost me down the track. I am not concerned about minor cosmetic issues; or boot crease; bumper slightly illfitting etc. As the price is cheap for what i get (LPG/Model/Mileage); and willing to live with that.

*shrug*. Sounds like you have talked yourself into that car. If you like it, buy it. Oil & coolant weeps are common and probably nothing to worry about. Leaks are another matter all together (although still common). How many km per week/month do you expect to do in this car?

Reaper

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
I would stay clear of that car. there are plenty more ve's to buy and not get stuck with all those problems
My uncle had a vt wagon and he went out and brought himself a second hand 2006 Omega it had just over 100 000k's on it.
He has had nothing but problems and complaints. Going from the old VT it to the 3.0 4 speed he said its was a complete dog of a car
Had break downs, Lights coming on and all the cheap build rattled like crazy. best thing he told me was selling it
He ended up selling and buying the newer omega with the SIDI motor and its been a dream compared
Long story short keep your money

extreme101

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
havent so much talked myself into it. just want the whole purchasing process to be done with!. But of course, its money i dont want to waste on a 2nd rate product.

Ive actually gone and seen another similiar car today and getting a RACV check on that aswell; so will be able to compare and make a decision from there.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
havent so much talked myself into it. just want the whole purchasing process to be done with!. But of course, its money i dont want to waste on a 2nd rate product.

Ive actually gone and seen another similiar car today and getting a RACV check on that aswell; so will be able to compare and make a decision from there.

Anyway - how far are you looking to drive this car each week/month?

Reaper

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67

A few notes/q's

The Car's only 6 years old it shouldn't be weeping any oil. My crappy old VS only started leaking a bit of oil from the rear main at about the 13-14 year and 250k mark. My missus VT has 260K and doesn't drop one bit of oil. I wouldn't accept any oil leaks from such a new car unless it was cheap enough to budget for repairs

You seem to have convinced yourself it's a good buy but it really doesnt seem that way to me. These things are a dime a dozen keep looking