Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pre-purchase Advice

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Vehicle history check, engine numbers and such

Look at what states the car has been regoed in if possible, alot of cars damaged/repairable write offs, in one state are auctioned off in another state, cheaply fixed then sold to unsuspecting buyers

Look for insurance work

Look for flood damage, alot of flood damaged cars are still around, flood damage is a ticking time bomb

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I used to average about 8.5L per 100kms in my SV6 when I had it

I don't know what size fuel tank a VF2 SV6 wagon has or how many litres it took to fill it, but mine will get over 700km's before the fuel light comes on, I think last fill was 716km's, $150 of 98. There's a lot of freeway driving in that at 100kmph but the fuel economy I thought is pretty good!

Last edited:

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
I don't know what size fuel tank a VF2 SV6 wagon has or how many litres in took to fill it, but mine will get over 700km's before the fuel light comes on, I think last fill was 716km's, $150 of 98. There's a lot of freeway driving in that at 100kmph but the fuel economy I thought is pretty good!
Both sedan and wagon versions have a 71 ltr fuel tank

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Both sedan and wagon versions have a 71 ltr fuel tank
I had a look at my last fuel receipt and my VF2 SV6 wagon works out at 8.5 litres / 100km's, same as J_D 2.0 told us!

My VF2 Redline Ute off the dash display usually shows around 10.8/11.0 litres / 100km's and probably gets a boot a bit more just to hear the exhaust!

I don't look at fuel consumption much but just had a look at my wife's BMW X3 SUV, a turbo 3.0 litre inline 6 cylinder petrol engine is showing 8.4 litres / 100 km's on the dash, similar to the SV6.

Last edited:

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
I drive my car with a light(-ish) foot and average 7-8 litres/ 100 kms. The car spends most of the time on highways, with 1 or 2 people onboard and no crap in the boot. The best I've seen is around 6.6 litres/ 100 kms on a drive to port stephens and back.