Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Preliminary Results PumpAction Turbo

Blue-Chip

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore
For those off you that have taken some interest in the PumpAction Turbo system, We though we would display some prelimenary results of power output of our turbo setup.
At this stage we have still a bit of work ahead of us in sorting and fine tuning the new software that's been developed for this system.
The dyno graph below will show a bit of spark retard @ peak cylinder pressures, considering the only fuel available at the time of these tests was
of 95 octane.
So with a good 98-100 octane fuel and software fully sorted, we would expect marginally better figures than are currently displayed utilising the same
8 PSI boost level.
We do not wish to increase the level of boost any further as this is a bog stock N/A ecotec engine with the only one modification being heavier valve spring.

Here are some pic and a graph.

Attachments

• Picture 630.JPE
    Picture 630.JPE
    15.5 KB · Views: 242
  • Picture 632.JPE
    Picture 632.JPE
    15.4 KB · Views: 192
  • Picture 631.JPE
    Picture 631.JPE
    15.6 KB · Views: 201
  • Picture 636.JPE
    Picture 636.JPE
    14.6 KB · Views: 167
  • Picture 852.jpg
    Picture 852.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
very impressive can I ask what you have changed as far as internals go?

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Spaced said:
very impressive can I ask what you have changed as far as internals go?

Blue-Chip said:
as this is a bog stock N/A ecotec engine with the only one modification being heavier valve spring.

One should read all that is posted :p

D

De Racer

Tats high power brother, do you sell complete new drivetrain with package as well? Nuthin original is gonna take that, add nother $6k for tranny and diff package etc. Tat monsta torque is killa for racing opponent and car itself :D

Blue-Chip

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore
De Racer said:
Tats high power brother, do you sell complete new drivetrain with package as well? Nuthin original is gonna take that, add nother $6k for tranny and diff package etc. Tat monsta torque is killa for racing opponent and car itself :D

De Racer, The tranny was done up prior to turbo, if my memory serves me
right, The number of clutch plates was reduced and thicker friction plates were added, the rotating assembly had any run out and end float setup with
custom made bushes.
the servo is std with new heavy duty bands fitted with std torque converter,.
the trans builder guaranteed the trans for 500 fwhp.
The diff is a std 308 lsd.
This combo gives good throttle response just out of idle and top end is excellent, the car can pull 5500 rpm in 4th gear very quickly and at that you are looking at a speed of 240 clicks with more to go as the thing will not nose
over till after 6200 rpm.
De Racer this is a std engine running a std camshaft, an engine with a properly thought out turbo cam would be absolutely awesome and it will soon come.
At the mo what needs to happen is the car needs to be taken to the drags to get an idea of times down the strip, even though it is not set up as a drag car.

Cheers lou.

D

De Racer

Ah Lou

Understanding your car is well set up.

But whot if I roll in with a me stock commy and bolt this thing on, I imagine everything behind motor will be scrap metal within a couple of hours? Is tat right?

Like man tat is exceptionally decent power, but man the driveline ............. how much do I pay for driveline mods $6K to go with this?

Mate top marks on the power, you reckon motor has any safety margin there or is it on the max? Thanx in advance

Blue-Chip

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore
De Racer said:
Ah Lou

Understanding your car is well set up.

But whot if I roll in with a me stock commy and bolt this thing on, I imagine everything behind motor will be scrap metal within a couple of hours? Is tat right?

Like man tat is exceptionally decent power, but man the driveline ............. how much do I pay for driveline mods $6K to go with this?

Mate top marks on the power, you reckon motor has any safety margin there or is it on the max? Thanx in advance

De Racer, IT seems to me that in a round about way you are trying to **** can this set up, which I don't mind cos every one has some sort of opinion.
Now surely you can appreciate anything automotive cost money from fuel to rego to the cost of the vehicle to tyres even when it come to repair and replacing parts on your vehicle, this is how i see it anyway.
So if you know that this system can make this sort of grunt, and you know that your auto and diff are fairly junked to start with, only a moron would go
and apply all that power and abuse his car by doing burnouts etc, some one wiser would request a lower boost level of say 5-6 psi and be happy to run around @ 180 or perhaps 200 kw at the treads, It's all common sense.
For my self personally, even though this Ute goes like the clappers I know that there is a hell of a lot more in it too be had.
De Racer max power at max rpm doesnt really mean squat, if you look at any
dyno graphs and the torque noses of dramatically after say 3000 rpm, yet horsepower keeps gradually climbing such as in Eaton supercharged
applications, this doesnt mean that the vehicle is going to be quick, maybe good for towing a horse float, but down the track 400m times don't seem to reflect horse power output, and this is why a lot of guys are fitting up 3.7:1, 3.9:1 and sometimes even 4.11:1 diff centres, just to get the thing to accelerate a bit quicker down the quarter.;)

Cheers Lou.

hinterland

commyvt
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
vt sed turbo
good to see the brute ute up there with the best of the big h/p 6,s better than most v8,s and a stock ecotech well done lou im glad i have used your products and carnt wate to get this troublesome motor of mine going hopefully next week if no more dramers happen which im getting quite use to.and i might be able to throw up a dyno result with good results aswell.

Blue-Chip

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Commodore
hinterland said:
good to see the brute ute up there with the best of the big h/p 6,s better than most v8,s and a stock ecotech well done lou im glad i have used your products and carnt wate to get this troublesome motor of mine going hopefully next week if no more dramers happen which im getting quite use to.and i might be able to throw up a dyno result with good results aswell.

Wayne, like i have said in the past, providing your engine has been put together correctly, your power results should be heaps better than this ute for obvious reasons.
how is it coming along anyway?

Cheers Lou.

D

De Racer

Power talk

De Racer max power at max rpm doesnt really mean squat, if you look at any
dyno graphs and the torque noses of dramatically after say 3000 rpm, yet horsepower keeps gradually climbing such as in Eaton supercharged
applications, this doesnt mean that the vehicle is going to be quick, maybe good for towing a horse float, but down the track 400m times don't seem to reflect horse power output, and this is why a lot of guys are fitting up 3.7:1, 3.9:1 and sometimes even 4.11:1 diff centres, just to get the thing to accelerate a bit quicker down the quarter

Ah Lou, dun care about the power, can see heaps of it. More interested in driveline, can see the answers in the posts above. Ta