Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

premium unleaded

xcaluber

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Every now and then I do a specific 330 km trip. (330 km one way). This includes some mountain passes etc.

Usually I try to keep a constant 140km/h. (Not possible through some parts of the mountains though.)

On 93 octane I used to get 12l/100km's. Since using 95 I get 10.3...

Quite a change but I have noticed that the difference only occurs after a tank full or so. I suppose the computer needs to ajust itself.
(VZ SS 5.7 gen3)

V

vzstack

i cant believe how bad some of you guys fuel econ is i get consistant 9.4lph in a mix of country and light urban on standard ulp exept for the first 5000km now done 40000 thats a manuel ute too. but it goes up pretty fast as soon as you start to flog it . only tried a few tanks of pulp and coundnt see the difference.

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
after 9000K I have a definate flat spot when auto changes from fourth to third. The flat spot disappears when I run PULP.

V

VX_KN079

New2Holden said:
after 9000K I have a definate flat spot when auto changes from fourth to third. The flat spot disappears when I run PULP.

Get a tune then... Not just a Holden service!

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
I thought somebody would tell me to get a tune. I have just done the maths and at 4 cents per litre extra it would take many thousands of kilometres to equal the cost of a good tune. However I will take your advice on board...thanks.

SLugg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6.2 T6060 Sting Red Trutrac harrop 500hp
mines recomended to use 98 but ive been running it on 91 and 95 and its still loose your license fast...so Ill have to try them all at the next dyno visit

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
New2Holden said:

flat spots are typically caused by fuel/spark mapping problems (and are not that typical in modern cars). i doubt you can solve them by switching fuel type.