Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Price Of Oil?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I thought it was next week sometime....Can't recall the day though...:(

Reactions: Lex

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

From 30 March to 28 September 2022, the excise and excise equivalent customs duty rates for petrol, diesel and all other fuel and petroleum-based products (except aviation fuels) temporarily reduced. These rates will return to the full rate on 29 September 2022.

Logically the servos should not apply any increase at the bowser until the already delivered fuel is used up and new costlier fuel is pumped from the bowser. That's extactly the justiification they used to not reduce the bowser price on the 30 March when the exise was reduced.

Back then it took a week or two before the fuel companies supposedly dropped the price 22c/l (yes the media always talked about the 22c/l). Now that it;s going up the talk is 25c/l (yes 22c + gst).

This simply aint the swings and roundabouts we should see in a fairer system... the numbers are always swinging in the fuel companies favour because our regulators are usless shites and the government doesn't want to set any prices. Fcukers the lot of them.

So fuel excise should go up for fuel delivered to servos on 29th September when the old excise will again apply for delivered fuel. But expect some servos to hike prices before then... like on the 28th... justy cause they can and no one will do anything... even though every single available tanker would have been filled up ready for delivery using lower excise fuel (if they can do that)... As i said, fcukers the lot of them...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
[/URL]

From 30 March to 28 September 2022, the excise and excise equivalent customs duty rates for petrol, diesel and all other fuel and petroleum-based products (except aviation fuels) temporarily reduced. These rates will return to the full rate on 29 September 2022.

Logically the servos should not apply any increase at the bowser until the already delivered fuel is used up and new costlier fuel is pumped from the bowser. That's extactly the justiification they used to not reduce the bowser price on the 30 March when the exise was reduced.

Back then it took a week or two before the fuel companies supposedly dropped the price 22c/l (yes the media always talked about the 22c/l). Now that it;s going up the talk is 25c/l (yes 22c + gst).

This simply aint the swings and roundabouts we should see in a fairer system... the numbers are always swinging in the fuel companies favour because our regulators are usless shites and the government doesn't want to set any prices. ******* the lot of them.

So fuel excise should go up for fuel delivered to servos on 29th September when the old excise will again apply for delivered fuel. But expect some servos to hike prices before then... like on the 28th... justy cause they can and no one will do anything... even though every single available tanker would have been filled up ready for delivery using lower excise fuel (if they can do that)... As i said, ******* the lot of them...
Right, that's it, I'm contacting the ACCC on this one. This is clearly a breach.....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Bought $136 of 98 tonight $1.96 a litre. I poured three of my cans into the tank last night and kept one back, which I will put in on Friday and then fill it with fresh petrol. That way my storage will only be 2-3 weeks old. Pay hasn't gone in yet otherwise I would have filled the tank to the top of the neck tonight in case we get a jump over the next few days. Either way I was probably only 15-18 litres shy of the max I can have on hand. With all my cans and a full tank to the top of the neck I'm at about 145 litres of total storage. Still that's a good two weeks worth of petrol.
I suspect we will soon be seeing the Prime Minister on TV saying don't stockpile fuel...... Yeah, right, I dare say anyone who has cans will be filling everything they can before the cut off date. I've seen it all over the news in years gone by where people are filmed filling cans when they know the big jump has started or is about to occur..

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Right, that's it, I'm contacting the ACCC on this one. This is clearly a breach.....
The servo cnuts have been taking advantage this whole time and the ACCC being the neutered eunuch it is has done nothing!

The terminal gate price ATM is $1.50 so the absolute high point of the cycle should be about $1.80, not close to $2.00 per litre! Traditionally the margin at the high point of the cycle is 30 cpl not 40+.

https://aip.com.au/pricing/terminal-gate-prices

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
It's time to tax excessive profits on all energy companies.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The servo cnuts have been taking advantage this whole time and the ACCC being the neutered eunuch it is has done nothing!

The terminal gate price ATM is $1.50 so the absolute high point of the cycle should be about $1.80, not close to $2.00 per litre! Traditionally the margin at the high point of the cycle is 30 cpl not 40+.

https://aip.com.au/pricing/terminal-gate-prices

While something could be done about the gouging we have to endure, all that seems to happen is companies cop a fine, even though it's us suckers that have been ripped off.....

So in effect, we cop a double wammy, because we have paid their fine by us getting ripped off by them in the first place....

So what really need to happen is something put in place where the people that have actually been ripped off actually get re-imbursed, rather than just help pay their fine

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Bought $136 of 98 tonight $1.96 a litre. I poured three of my cans into the tank last night and kept one back, which I will put in on Friday and then fill it with fresh petrol. That way my storage will only be 2-3 weeks old. Pay hasn't gone in yet otherwise I would have filled the tank to the top of the neck tonight in case we get a jump over the next few days. Either way I was probably only 15-18 litres shy of the max I can have on hand. With all my cans and a full tank to the top of the neck I'm at about 145 litres of total storage. Still that's a good two weeks worth of petrol.
I suspect we will soon be seeing the Prime Minister on TV saying don't stockpile fuel...... Yeah, right, I dare say anyone who has cans will be filling everything they can before the cut off date. I've seen it all over the news in years gone by where people are filmed filling cans when they know the big jump has started or is about to occur..
I will be filling my 135 litres of jerries over the weekend. I filled the car up last weekend at about 1.76 a litre for 98