Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Price on fixing window winder

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Hey everyone,
the window in my vs drivers side stopped winding, i took it apart its still on the rails so guessing its the winding thingo (regulator) they are wind up windows not power
i called the wreckers and they will sell me a second hand one for $55 and install it for $88.. does this sound okay?
Cheers..

DRKWGN

I Dig Hole's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS Wagon
you could just buy it and install it yourself, its really not that hard mate

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
i was thinking that, but how do you do it? i had the door trim off to check the rails etc and saw no way of getting in there to change the mechanism..

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You need to drill the pop rivets out and replace them with nuts and bolts, otherwise it's easy....you're halfway there with the door trim off.. Buy a Gregorys manual ($45?)...it will pay for itself just on this job. Or borrow one from the library.

Frank2112

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Wagon, VE II SV6
Go to CJ's and get the regulator for about $45 dollars. Did mine about about a month ago. Piece of cake. Let me know if you need a hand. Takes about an hour if your careful

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the help here guys

Frank: the quote i got was from CJ's haha! i will hopefully be getting money tomorrow, is there any chance at all you could give me a hand this weekend? I will come to you and give you some beer.. or money if you'd prefer

Frank2112

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Wagon, VE II SV6
No problems. I was quoted $55 but they only charged me $45 when I picked it up. You don't need the rivets either. I just bolted mine in and it's fine. Give me a call on 0402389211 and we can arrange a time. I'm working on cars at home tomorrow all day so we can fix it then.