Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pro LS Tuning? Are they any good?

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Harrop enhanced VF Redline Manual
Was looking at getting the Harrop 315 pack but as I don't wish to wake my neighbours when I leave at 5:30am ( my car is parked next to their bedroom window) am thinking of just cold air OTR and tune. Most seem to be charging around $1600.00 for this but they are doing it for $1100 with the VCM and infill panels. I'd rather pay the extra and have a good job done if necessary but if they're good I'll take it there.

Thoughts?

Also have purchased a new set of rear Brembo's, rotors and dust shields so my rear brakes match my front are there any tricks to fitting the dust shields when removing the handbrake or it it easier to pay someone to do it?

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Was looking at getting the Harrop 315 pack but as I don't wish to wake my neighbours when I leave at 5:30am ( my car is parked next to their bedroom window) am thinking of just cold air OTR and tune. Most seem to be charging around $1600.00 for this but they are doing it for $1100 with the VCM and infill panels. I'd rather pay the extra and have a good job done if necessary but if they're good I'll take it there.

Thoughts?

Also have purchased a new set of rear Brembo's, rotors and dust shields so my rear brakes match my front are there any tricks to fitting the dust shields when removing the handbrake or it it easier to pay someone to do it?

IMO the tuning and intake part is relatively simple, and largely standardised now. Most joints all claim the same amount of power, as do mail order tunes (which I would not recommend). HPF were offering a $1400 package for an OTR and tune - they claim 310 fwkw.

The only thing I would personally rather pay more for would be the tune, as anyone can fit an OTR intake. Whereas people do have individual style for tuning, but it is definately not rocket science.

The Harrop pack looks the goods IMO, just get it.

Also, which Brembos did you get? And yes, unless you are a mechanic, get one to fit them - if you do it and something ####s up, kiss your insurance bye bye.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
He's a member of this forum maybe search him and ask him

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rear Brembo's are off the Cadillac CTS-V, rotors and dust shields are HSV 350mm rear to suit. I have fitted more big brake kits to my track cars than I have had hot feeds, I am just not sure what awaits with this electric handbrake setup as I have not seen what they look like as yet. I will probably get whoever does the work on my car to fit them at the same time. My only real concern with the tune as they don't lean it out too much. I probably won't be doing any track work with this car so maximum horsepower is not a priority but I want it done right.

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Went to Pro LS Tuning for a look, they were extremely accommodating in fact, they put me on to one of there happy customers who is happy for me to pay him a visit this weekend and check out the results. Workshop was not as flash as some of the others but they made up for it with how honest and happy they were to chat about what your looking for and what you wish to achieve. Will be looking at the VF tomorrow then looking at a similar VF at Harrop on The 30th before deciding which way to go. I think if I was not worried about warrantys as the car is only a week old and the car tomorrow is great I would just take it to them as they seem very down to earth. My 2c.

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
I know not getting the business sucks as I am self employed, but as Harrop were offering a warranty and my car being only a week old that was the deciding factor. But thanks for your customer service.