Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problem with lowered springs

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
they generally tell me my radius rods are bent, and that the bushes are too soft for my radius rod, although it's never caused an issue.

you may also find that the arms may appear bent, however it could be the bushes.

pull the arms off, have new bushes pressed in and clean them up maybe give them a quick spray with some chassi black and go back, I bet they say there is no issue with them now.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
they generally tell me my radius rods are bent, and that the bushes are too soft for my radius rod, although it's never caused an issue.

you may also find that the arms may appear bent, however it could be the bushes.

pull the arms off, have new bushes pressed in and clean them up maybe give them a quick spray with some chassi black and go back, I bet they say there is no issue with them now.

if hes got a camber kit, the bushes should be fine.

xtrmty

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR, VR BT1
Yer pedders seem to be the problem lol. taking it to get another opinion during the week.

what did they manage to set the camber at after adjustment? or did they not bother because of the "bent arms"

id also be taking it to someone else for another opinion

They got it to -2degrees but its only got SL's atm and there on full adjustment. (wanna go back to other springs.)

my98vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
wat r u doin with the sl's?? :)

xtrmty

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR, VR BT1
probly keep em. lol.
I like the option. If i change my mind ill post it up.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Sounds like a load of **** to me.

xtrmty

Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 GTR, VR BT1
Well i think somthings up. Will hopefully take the car to get looked at b4 next week. (not at peders)
I will post up the results.