Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

problem with the new 22s!!! HELP

Discussion in 'VE Holden Commodore (2006 - 2013)' started by adamrollo9, Nov 4, 2011.

1. adamrollo9

adamrollo9 Member

Members Ride:
    2008 HSV Clubsport
    I got some 22s put on my ve 1 week ago, as you can see in the pic. I have a couple of problems 1 my fuel consumption has gone from 9.4 to 10.9 and higher since the rims. And i have wheel vibration from 80 to 100k, i have taken it back 3 times and now they are saying there isnt any vibration! Anyway can someone please tell me whats going on! IMG_0110.jpg

2. kcpwns

kcpwns Kicker - Livin' Loud :)

Members Ride:
    VY V6 Equipe
    Does wheel balance cause vibration? That could be a problem...maybe even wheel alignment? Who are you taking it too?

3. adamrollo9

adamrollo9 Member

Members Ride:
    2008 HSV Clubsport
    tyre factory geelong, said they cant do anymore. But im taking it further, because they want nothing to do with me

4. bigjim92

bigjim92 Active Member

Members Ride:
    2016 VF SSVR
    What sort of tyres does it have? If they're a cheaper tyre they could be moving on the rim and throwing out the balance.
    As for the fuel consumption, that's pretty normal when you've fitted bigger rims, and again, tyres can effect fuel consumption.

5. hakhawk

hakhawk smooth moderator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
    weight/tyre friction/rolling diameter will affect fuel usage. suck it up.

make sure the wheels are hubcentric, if theyre not, make sure theres hubcentric rings used to center the wheel properly.

take the car to another shop and get them to check the wheel balancing, if its out and the vibration goes away, try taking the receipt to ttf for a refund.

6. Pickle'

Pickle' Donating Member

Members Ride:
    VE Omega
    if they're saying there is no vibration... tell them to jump in and take it with you in the car.

I agree with Hak take it elsewhere. Someone will listen. Then take it back after.

7. stirringaxe

stirringaxe Member

Members Ride:
    I agree with earlier comments. Your problems mirror mine & many others when going down the 22" road.

Read thru this post, it may help. http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...082-help-ve-calais-wheel-alignment-issue.html

My experience was this: - Hey this was my experience with the balance problem on 20" mags. I had the same issue when 20" wheels & tyres where fitted.

The tyre dealer tried all sorts of things to rectify the problem to no avail. We tried different balancing machines, balancing the wheels with the finger plate into the stud holes on the balance machine, hub centre rings, tyre pressures, different set of wheels, "on car balancing" & still no joy.

They kept saying that big mags can often have these sort of issues.

After several months of mucking around I had them strip the tyres off all the rims, & run them up on the balancer, to check if they were buckled or out of round but they were fine.

I commented on the amount of balance weights on the rims & then told them to fit a different brand of tyres.

They fitted up the new tyres, balanced to 0 on fine balance straight away & hey presto problem solved for good.

8. kcpwns

kcpwns Kicker - Livin' Loud :)

Members Ride:
    VY V6 Equipe
    I wouldn't trust tyre factory...we had one in shep and they were pretty crap..ended up closing down

9. itsArthurKomar

itsArthurKomar sexy beast

Members Ride:
    super awesome time machine
    welll man shep is pretty small town with alot of emos and retards lol that probably y and that why i moved to melbourne haha

10. UFO

UFO I Believe

Members Ride:
    MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
    is it too late to say "22's are too big" ? :)

go with what hakhawk said... once the problem is fixed elsewhere, you'll have the ammo needed (along with a diary or record of who you spoke to, how many times and when you kept going back to them to remedy) to push things further.

11. pazzogen3

pazzogen3 New Member

Members Ride:
    vz ss ute 5.7
    I say tyre's, on there wheel and tyre package they use cheap Chinese tyres. If there branded Carbon or Fullrun throw away.

12. womble66

womble66 New Member

Members Ride:
    07 VE CALAIS V - V6
    and also they may balance up but not all tyre are perfectly "round" which can be a failure with cheaper brands. some feel like they have corners.........

13. wesky

wesky New Member

Members Ride:
    '07 VE Omega
    Hahahaha that comment made my day!