Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Problems When Warm

M

matty_666

Hey Fella's,
I'm new the forums I'm 17 and my first car is a Vl berlina, It's not bad but, I need your help there's somthing wrong. It runs really good when it's going and seems to be no problems starting when it's got but, Once Ive taken it for a drive a half decent size drive it won't start untill the motor has cooled down. It just won't fire but, it's turning over. I'm not sure what the problem is. Can you guys help me and is this common to Vl's?
Thanks, Matt.

D

drift3l

hey,

i've got a vl turbo, with a few problems myself.

deos this happen regularly, like every time or just sometimes?

it could be that when the injectors get hot they might be sticking. does the engine fire at all, on any cylinders when starting hot?

whats your location?

Q

qik_vlt

Hey man get your crank angle sensor checked, I had simalar problem replaced it and everything was fine.

H

Hayles

QUOTE (qik_vlt @ Oct 2 2003, 01:57 AM) Hey man get your crank angle sensor checked, I had simalar problem replaced it and everything was fine.
I just got my crank angle sensor re-wired, and the guy reckons i should get the sensor replaced to. Is that true?

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
If the crank angle sensor has never been changed it's probably wise to change it, it just gives you piece of mind knowing it has been done and won't need replacing for sometime.

If you do change it keep the other one as a spare in case it does decide to pack up.

Then again if you are having no problems at all don't fix what ain't broke

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
that's pretty cool, my first car also was a vl commodore, not bad for a p plate driver running around in a turbo car. anyway's, vl's a lovely car, nice to drive, nice to look at, but very expensive to fix due to age, well, i can say your not gonna like this solution to your problem with the car not working when hot. i can tell ya now it's not your crank angle sensor, it is a sensor how ever, there is a sensor that regulates fuel flow to a vl fuel rail, (old technology) they are placed in a realy bad spot on the car and get rather warm. they are the old fasioned bi fold metal strip, when hot they close creating a ciruit, (this is done either by the voltage from the car, of by pulling in the ignition realy(coil) thats done by turning it on) they only way for you to fix this problem is take it to a mechanice, (make sure it's a good one) your looking at some big dollars for them to do this for ya, he will put a new sensor in and well, befor eyou know it you will be back on the road again, the reason i know this is my car did the exact same thing on a drive from brisbane to byron bay. the dude replaced this little sensor and i was on my way,

enjoy, keep driving and be safe (remember commodores preform better when sideway's around realy tight corners)