Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project VEE EL

09WNS

09WNS = 9 Bathurst wins
Reaction score
Website
hobbiesnstuff.darkbb.com
Members Ride
VN SV3800
all you need is the number plate
VEEEL.jpg

this is a QLD done as a VIC
VEEEL01VIC.gif

VEEEL02VIC.gif

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F
Updates........ deleted since fourm down.

-all the welding on the rear half of the car is finished beside a patch on the bottom of the right 1/4 panel and the spare wheel well base, half of the front window is spot welded in.
-got a new front bar(no cracked fins)
-got the car running and took it for a drive running with no exhaust straight of the motor (video)

possibly might be getting a donar car soon for some other parts,

i will post the pics deleted later on

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Update.

worked on the car slowly today, took my sweet as time welding as the sparks kept jumping down the back of the dash and lighting the carpet on the firewall, so few small spot fires kept poping up but i was ready with squirter bottle:D
finished all the welding on the front window today aswel as welding up the left front door lock.

all that is left to weld now is, the left hand 1/4 panel at the bottom and the spare wheel well base which i need to get from a wreakers.

tommorow i should be ordering the bog and 2 pac primer with hardner from a sales rep at work, that will be around the $35 mark for the bog and $150 for the primer and hardner.
then its time to start making dust after im done with the 1/4 and wheel well:w00t:

Pictures:

the new front bar which is already painted in astroid silver, still will re-paint it.

Right hand rear, Boot rubber lip corner.

Left hand rear, Boot rubber lip corner.

Rear end complete.

Front Window

Few dents along the side.

Spare wheel well, cut out and needing a new one from the wreakers.

Video:
well as i said before i got the car started with some help from a mate.
it ran but not the best, due to a rooted battery which is a paper weight to hold the tarp down.
this video shows the engine shooting flames from the side of the motor as it has no extractors anymore

..vvv...Clicky the link below...vvv...
YouTube - VL spitting flames

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
COLOURS COLOUR COLOURS
well after alot of thinking and mucking around with schemes ive decieded to do what ive wanted to do orignally.
was thinking of painting it white with a pearl, but it will still be just like another white vl and there common as dog ****.

so im going witht he colour i posted a while ago VIDID BLUE, it is a mica colour which is on honda accourd euro's
and the fact that i really like my old blue vl, as it was nice.

Tommorow i will be removing the fuel tank so i can accecss the inside edge of the right 1/4 panel so i can weld safly new metal in.
im not overly keen on welding a inch away from a fuel tank;)

Thursday ill be marking up all hole to be filled up in the engine bay which arnt needed and start disconecting the engine and loom for removal

Friday i will hopefully be pulling the engine and trans out with a mate (vxSpack).
this will allow room in the engine bay for some filling of hole which are not needed and smoothing of dents 'n' crap.
while ive got it all out ill be relocating the fuse box to inside the glovebox and hiding all the wires which are messy
soo more fun there.

the engine will proberly be just getting a freshing up on the out side no work planed except changing of the sump because of a big dent

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
And as posted before this is VIDID BLUE MICA
yes i know its a honda civic but its a picture of the American civic which had the colour optinal in there range and i couldnt find a accord euro in the colour
so it will do, same colour diffrent car.

i will be painting the complete car in the colour, as i personally reckon it will look alot better then two tone (over silver) and two tone is common and kinda fake/imposter looking on calais.
but thats my opinon

vy_ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss hbd with a sunroof :)
yes sean ill help you :( ... but you supply the drinks haha :drink:

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
yes sean ill help you :( ... but you supply the drinks haha :drink:

a glass of water for every 15 minutes work, deal

tanks out. cut the rust out on the inside of the 1/4 panel and cleaned it for welding then primed it with weld though primer for the night. the piece is already cut to size/shape and primed so when i get home from work ill just have to weld it in

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
well the motor came out friday night,
bit of a effort and quite fun to do, being such a long motor and with the trans on the back it was intresting.

saturday i started striping the engine bay of crap not needed, removed the fuse box and re ran it all into the glovebox area and unpluged all t he looms and vacuam lines.

today i removed the battery tray to find some rust under it and hit out a dent which is in the left hand strut tower that is not needed.

Friday night at about 10:30