Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pulled over by cops thread

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
my problem wasn't with cops, our sarge is a bit of legend but with some of the new legislation coming through. I guess it all boils down to the fact that there are people driving recklessly, causing crashes, and injuring people. Some of it (the new legislation) in my opinion doesn't make sense and is causing more crashes (increased fatigue, increased time spent on the road)... but that is just my opinion. I don't see how my failing to properly display my p-plates could possibly cause an accident or be dangerous to anyone but it is the law... i had to attend a drivers intervention program which i believe is helping many p-platers straighten out their antics and wake up to what they are doing wrong, for me it may have been a waste of time because i had done nothing wrong besides make sure my p-plates weren't subject to gravity and didn't fall down, but for a lot of people it may have helped them realise they are actually doing something wrong. i know its a touchy subject. when the cop that pinged me for it found out that i would lose my licence she felt heaps bad about it. she didn't realise that it would mean i lost my licence! which was kinda kool i spose but didn't really help me get to work :) now i have my full licence so i am in the clear now!

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
yeah, i think you got a bit of a raw deal with the P plates, but hey, at least you have a good attitude about it and don't just consider all police to be evil.. :)

I have a number of friends who's hate/loathing for police totally astound me, especially as I KNOW they have never had any negative encounters with them themselves... (and then they are smart when they get pulled over, so therefore gain attitude from the Police, well, derrr... I'd give it back as well!) It is quite confusing! whereas i have other friends which have really copped some bad experiences (lol, copping a baton to the left nut being one of them!) but still being very amiable and friendly with cops, local and otherwise...

it seems that people are really too easily influenced by the "cops are bad and corrupt" type hype, when they should base it on their own opinion... :)

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
close call

Driving home from work tonight at about 11.30 and there is this large hill on the h/way on the way home which i usually wind the car out to 100 (red p's restricted to 90) so i dont have to drop it back into 4th. anways i was sittin on about 100 and the speed limit goes back to 70 halfway up the hill and I was doing about 90.. this vy commo driver comes up quickly behind at about 110 and passes me being followed closely by a ba falcon, there was a slow car in my lane approaching so i signaled to change lanes as the falcon was passing so i got in closely behind him and continued to tailgate the vy. I got back in the other lane and let them go on their way, mind you the speed limit goes back up to 80 at the top while these guys were doing ~110 and i was doing about 85. next minute i hear sirens, first i thought it was the radio and then checked my mirrors, no one was there. i looked ahead and the commo and falcon are pulling over, turns out the falcon was an undercover cop :rofl: I was PMSL but I was glad he didnt pick on me for being on my P's, I have been driving for almost 6 months now without any police encounters :thumbsup:

jay019

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC
The cops pulled me over at a RBT station once and I was freaking out. I was on my L's and had no L plates and was in the car by myself. Lucky for me I had my full motorbike licence and cops are dum as ****. Showed the cop my bike licence and he says 'have a good night'

What a bunch of retards, could have made a few hundred out of me. :yeah:

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
The cops pulled me over at a RBT station once and I was freaking out. I was on my L's and had no L plates and was in the car by myself. Lucky for me I had my full motorbike licence and cops are dum as ****. Showed the cop my bike licence and he says 'have a good night'

What a bunch of retards, could have made a few hundred out of me. :yeah:

comments like that are what will get people fired up mate... just a heads up... like any organisation there are always some that don't always get it right... I have had the same experiences with getting pulled over 5+ times and never been licence checked whilst on my L's as well, I'm thankful about it!

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
I have had the same experiences with getting pulled over 5+ times and never been licence checked whilst on my L's as well, I'm thankful about it!
me to, but in the end when you get done they take you to the cleaners;) used to get away heaps then one night i got done speeding...8 points and $700 lost licence for 6 months, in the mail arrived a $150 and 3points, and also got a parking fine of 50 and 1 point all within 6 days:cry:

one day mate

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
Cops in Vic don't usually ask to see your licence at an RBT, I've never been asked to produce a licence unless it's a 'routine licence check'

Reaction score
Members Ride
bike :P
i have a mate whos got a fear of police, runs everytime and gets away (he has a gtr skyline) dunno why ay...

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
i have a mate whos got a fear of police, runs everytime and gets away (he has a gtr skyline) dunno why ay...

maybe hes just showing off and wants people around him to think that his car is so heavily modified that the cops will go straight for him unless he gets out of there quickly

or maybe hes just a nutcase

Reaction score
Members Ride
bike :P
maybe hes just showing off and wants people around him to think that his car is so heavily modified that the cops will go straight for him unless he gets out of their quickly

or maybe hes just a nutcase

hes just a paranoid nutcase