Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pulled over for speeding, no fine issued on the spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fekason

Fekason
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 MY16 SV6, 2 x Triumph 2500 (1970/77), manuals
"Name in spotlights?"

I personally think that this incident might be the least of your worries.

Some years ago, I was called as a prosecution witness in NSW because I was classed in common law as an expert witness in inebriation. It was my word against the defendant, but he was found guilty. If I had not had the "expert" witness status, the police would have had to let it go. So don't dismiss the "expert" witness possibility out of hand.

However, back to my main point. While waiting for the case to commence, I waited in the local police operations room. There on the wall for all to see was a list of registration numbers "of interest" that all police reporting for duty noted. There is a better than even chance that your vehicle registration is now on the local list. You just might find that the police show more interest in your driving behaviour than they would have in the past.

Solution? Drive within the limits imposed by the Australian Road Rules. Then you have nothing to worry about.

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
Same thing happened to me with an undercover detective.

Ummm... An undercover police officer of any level will not blow their cover to deal with a traffic infringement.

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
He should book himself for failing to keep left unless overtaking

Lol!

I got away with using that line once, back in my stupid days when 120 was 100. It was a brave move IMO because he had already threatened to impound my car but thought I'd try it.....got off with a 'don't do it again, you're too young to do something stupid'

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Man it would get thrown out of court for sure ive taken my fare share of cops to court desputing what they have said.
The prosicuter would be nuts to try they will either as has been said try to get you to admit a speed or get you to plee to a certent speed ie were taking you to court for 100 but you can have it all delt with now if you admit to 80 they try that alot. At the end of the day deny deny or if you like you can try this if it goes to court. Tell the judge you done something stupid and gave the cop the finger while he was passing then you turn to the cop and appologise and then say i belive this to be the real reason we are here today the officer got offended and pulled me over then i was again further unpleasent to the office and again turn to him and appologise the cop will not know what the #### and the judge will think the cop got the shits with you so tried this speeding crap to get back at you with no evidence and a motive for why the cop pulled you over the judge would be off his meds to convict you of speeding sounds crazy i know but trust me ive seen something very simular work because in the judges mind the cop wouldnt pull you over for nothing you give him something and he cant convict with no evidence.
O by the way probably not the best idea putting this on a public forum you have admited to what you done in your first post a tech savy cop will put 2 and 2 together even if it wasnt the one that pulled you up maybe another will look were your from and pass the details to the stations in your area good luck with it

Whoaaaa
leaving aside the atrocious spelling and complete lack of grammar.... seriously mate what kind of drug are you on?? Can I have some??

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Ummm... An undercover police officer of any level will not blow their cover to deal with a traffic infringement.

He probably means a plain clothed detective/officer. Most people would have realized that.

Reaper

Rufys

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Calais Sportwagon
He probably means a plain clothed detective/officer. Most people would have realized that.

Reaper

Plain clothed is VERY different to under cover though. Regardless of what he meant to say. If what he actually says is something completely different, then people will get the wrong idea. Well, most people will get the wrong idea.

It's like saying "I went to the supermarket and bought a bottle of milk" when you actually bought a bottle of juice. That's how different an under cover officer and plain clothed officer are.

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Sounds like you deserve the fine to be honest. I hope he does see you in court, might change your attitude a bit.

Yeah man, the way I see a fine is $0.10 for every time I've sped, snapped 2nds, done line lockers before the green lights showing and over taken people in the break down lanes this year. Attitude won't change pal, but I will play the game to get my own way :D

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Don't you have to be charged with something to be taken to court ? some cops are actually nice about traffic issues because they see them as minor. Just depends if he was a highway cop or not, but why wouldn't he have given you a ticket for whatever speed he reckons you were going ? Anyway from your last post you drive like a tool and need a court appearance recallibration. Be funny if that cop reads this thread and decides to grill you LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.