Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pulley Bearings

Foxyloxyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Sedan
When you say Supercharger Pulley,
Which one ?
do you mean the snout bearing ?, if you do, they are a common bearing for electric motor's,
keeping in mind, there is a special way of pulling the snout down without damaging the housing.
You may need to replace the front snout seal also.
I have found a few places that sell the bearings required for the snout.

I replaced all the Bearings in the 6 Pulleys on my Super6, including the front and rear snout bearings,
While I was in the process of doing them all, I also replaced the both Bearings in the Alternator.
With the plastic pulley, I threw that the s__ house, and got a metal one from the wreckers some time ago, and replaced the bearing in that.
I then made a list of all the Bearings required, to make it easier for future replacement.
The rest is history,
And forgot to mention, nice and quiet now ;)
hey there - good stuff -- can you please tell me what the bearing part number is for the TENSIONER PULLEY -- e.g. 6202 or 6204 etc. .... much appreciated ... Foxyloxyboy

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
The pulley and bearing is pretty cheap bought together. If you really want to just buy the bearing you will need a steel pulley some are plastic. Then the number will be on the pulley itself.

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
The pulley and bearing is pretty cheap bought together. If you really want to just buy the bearing you will need a steel pulley some are plastic. Then the number will be on the pulley itself.
I reckon most experienced bearing shops will know the positions and bearing numbers by heart. And, the assemblies usually come with Chinese "gift quality" bearings, not ones that last for years...
I call ebay/chinese stuff "gift quality" becasue its the kind of stuff you buy as a present for someone else....
Or if you buy household stuff, the Chinese stuff is great if you are selling the house. Car parts ditto.

Foxyloxyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Sedan
I found out that it is 6203 2rs ( 2rs means 2 rubber seals )- all good thanks for your replies folks - you are "only as good as the weakest link" and I want to put in a high quality bearing

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
hey there - good stuff -- can you please tell me what the bearing part number is for the TENSIONER PULLEY -- e.g. 6202 or 6204 etc. .... much appreciated ... Foxyloxyboy
I have it listed as -
Steel Idler/Tension Pulley (SC)
Pulley Part #​
TN811
Bearing #
6303RS
Inner
17mm
Outer
40mm
Thickness
12mm

Hope that helps.

Foxyloxyboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY Sedan
thank you for your comment is 6203 NOT 6303 --- ( as 6303 is 14mm thickness ) please confirm thanks again Foxyloxyboy