Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pulling to the left.. why?

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
umm, good call, could also explain the steering wheel cocked to one side a little too, iv got to get my power steering pump reco'd as the seals are leaking, was thinking of putting a new rack in when as i think one of the seals on the left hand side is leaking, got an aftermarket warranty for a leaking rack, but they won't replace it unless i pull it out and wait for them to come and inspect the seals to make sure its leaking and then wait for the ok to do it, so too much dicking around there, but might get a new rack.

my car hit a gutter nicely after i was pushed into a gutter by a person merging lanes with a big trailer and only enough gap to fit a car in. may try that, has brand new tyres on front so i know that's all ok.

was it ok after the new rack went in?

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
was it ok after the new rack went in?

Certainly was.... drives like new now :)

EDIT: I should say that they also changed the radius rod bushes, 2 rear shocks and did an alignment on all 4 wheels so it could also have been one of those things in my case, but I'd still be suspicious of the rack.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
yeh i just replaced the radius rod bushes where the radius rod runs through the lower control arms at the front, camber adjustment bushes at the front of the radius rods, inner lower control arm bushes and the diff cradle bushes, got to get the correct swaybar link pins(was given the wrong ones, just got to exchange them), had front and rear wheel alignment done and still same, yeh its got me a little suss too on the rack now, especially as i know nothing else is bent or broken.

jameswh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II S S/C
Just a bit of an update. I took my car to Pedders on Friday. They went ahead and replaced the control arm bushing, as well as giving it a new alignment (which mainly consisted of caster adjustments). There is still a very slight pull to the left (only noticeable if I am to take my hands off the wheel - and, as I said, it is very slight), and I'm now able to drive with my wheel straight. : )
I wish I had gone to these guys from the beginning, as opposed to forking out hundreds of dollars to guys who haven't a clue as to what they're doing.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
forking out hundreds of dollars to guys who haven't a clue as to what they're doing.

Lol, usually that's what I have to say about Pedders!

jameswh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II S S/C
Hehe. I had quite a pleasurable experience at Pedders.
I had sent them an email (basically copied my originally post), got a call the next day from a well mannered woman, organised a booking for the next morning, went in, had a chat to one of the guys there, he seemed as determined as I was to fix my issue. Walked to work from there, got a call later on in the morning requesting that I pop around so that they could show me what they wanted to replace, I told them to go ahead, got back there later that afternoon and to my surprise - my issue, for the most part, was resolved.

Quite honestly, it was one of the best customer service experiences I have ever gone through. : )

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Hehe. I had quite a pleasurable experience at Pedders.
I had sent them an email (basically copied my originally post), got a call the next day from a well mannered woman, organised a booking for the next morning, went in, had a chat to one of the guys there, he seemed as determined as I was to fix my issue. Walked to work from there, got a call later on in the morning requesting that I pop around so that they could show me what they wanted to replace, I told them to go ahead, got back there later that afternoon and to my surprise - my issue, for the most part, was resolved.

Quite honestly, it was one of the best customer service experiences I have ever gone through. : )

Well there's a turn out for the books - guess they aren't all bad.

Which branch did you go to?

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
I have to say I had a great experience with pedders at Blacktown... They were polite, quick, and judging by how perfectly the car now drives, they did a good job.