Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pulling to the left.. why?

Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
Silver VY SS UTE
Just an update .. its started to pull left again ... no where near as bad . I think i will look at the wheel bearings . other than that im at a loss as to how to fix it ..

Oh_Your_Blind

Green means 'Earth'!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY Executive
I have a 02 vy exect, bought it not too long ago, it wanders pretty bad to the left, like everyone else has explained.. But im a little more worried because after about a week of owning the car I felt something was wrong, so I revs checked the car expecting the guy to own money on it, I find out its been a repairable writeoff in 06.. Im hoping my wandering has nothing structural.. :\
I gotta book it for a wheel alignment at holden in a week or so.. Hope its not bad news

guyman

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY_S
my vy s does the same thing (pulling left) after 2 wheel alignments from 2 separate tyre shops and getting my mechanic to check it out (he reckons it is tyre related) iv given up...although the second wheel alignment improved the steering position i'm still not satisfied, im studying atm and i just cant afford to look into the problem any further and pay for further alignments/new tyres etc...i wonder if holden knows about this problem?? seems pretty common.

Last edited:

Jase26

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
Hi All,

Got the same problem. Have taken it to numerous tyre shops had numerous wheel alignments and have also been told it's the tyres I have on my car. Still has not fixed the problem. Got a neighbour who works for Holden, going to ask him what he thinks may be the issue.

guyman

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY_S
keep us posted on what your neighbour says, thanks!

Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
Silver VY SS UTE
Yeah let us know what he thinks it might be .. Its driving me nuts ..

jameswh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II S S/C
Hey guys,

I haven't driven my car in a couple of weeks (overseas at the moment), but I did notice that prior to my departure, my car was in fact starting to pull to the left - just slightly. I think I may go and get an alignment report to see if the alignment has gone out - will post results when I can.

MYV6VY03

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY 3.8L
i got the same problem on my 03 VY, changed rims and tyres stopped steering wobble but not pulling left. never been in a crash nor hit a gutter. only started about 2 months after owning the car

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
I've hit a gutter at 80km/h, caused a bad bulge in the tyre. Got that replaced pretty quickly once i noticed it. It's never been in any front end collisions. And it doesn't wobble or veer at all. When all new tyres were put on i got a front and back alignment done, wasn't too bad at all. Make sure if you get one done that you either ask for a printout OR ask them to watch them do it. Or both. Normally they're happy to do that, and you know the work gets done.

caster

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
For those who are interested, here is the new wheel alignment sheet. This is the best result I've had thus far.

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9162/wheelalignmentreportnew.jpg

i work at a tyre store and do wheel alignments. i know you can get a caster kit for your car and they can increase and decrease the caster by adding and removing shims. Looking at your specs any caster difference over half a degree can make it pull to the side that has the least caster. by your specs the car should be pulling to the right very hard. if it has started to pull hard again to the left you have other problems maybe a bent arm somewhere or your rack. hope this helps