Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Qantas

ProphetVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
A Pushie
For a while now ive seen quantas in the news for either faults, daages or mishaps and whether its the tech's or quantas themselfs, quantas are the ones taking it all and its not good publicity, everytime i see a something in the news about a plane incident i automatically think 'quantas'

Do quantas hire the techs themselfs? if so they are resonsisble as they are the ones that can say yay or nay to repairs, and repairs being done properly.

I think all of their facilities involved should be assesses by a government selected tech team and make every adjustment they can to prevent these things happening as it is happening a little too often now and 60% of people who did a survery said they have lost faith in quantas, i have too.

If only you heard half the stories from American Airlines, British Airways, Air Canada etc etc. Fact of the matter remains, QANTAS still remains the worlds safest airline in terms of amount of miles travelled without a fatal accident (which is none in jets, I believe they had a few fatalities back in the day of bi-planes)

I'd hate to see what people here would think if they lived in the US where forced landings, or flights with incidents are a daily occurrence.

If one doesn't have faith in QANTAS' safety record, then finding an airline to fly on would be a very onerous task.

electro cruiser

Reaction score
For a while now ive seen quantas in the news for either faults, daages or mishaps and whether its the tech's or quantas themselfs, quantas are the ones taking it all and its not good publicity, everytime i see a something in the news about a plane incident i automatically think 'quantas'

Do quantas hire the techs themselfs? if so they are resonsisble as they are the ones that can say yay or nay to repairs, and repairs being done properly.

I think all of their facilities involved should be assesses by a government selected tech team and make every adjustment they can to prevent these things happening as it is happening a little too often now and 60% of people who did a survery said they have lost faith in quantas, i have too.

Mate if you could see the other airlines around the world. the stuff that happens to QANTAS is nothing to what happens to other airlines around the world. all it is the stupid news making a big deal for a story. dont get sucked in and believe. QANTAS is probably the most safest airline in the world. they dont have plane crashes..and that thing with the Airbus A330 dropping, thats Airbuses fault. not QANTAS. same if the ECU on your VE Commodore f()cks up when you first got the car koz that A330 was oretty new. Manufacturers fault. Not QANTAS

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
The US is alot bigger than Australia so there would have to be alot more incidients, same goes for crime etc, and pretty much everything else you can think of.

I watch the news on a regular basis for years and its only recently that theres been problem after problem in a short amount of time which has allowed me to loose faith and 60 % of flyers have said the same apparently.

Id rather drive now than fly simply because i dont want to take the risk, at this point in time i see much less of a risk in driving than flying with quantas even though traffic accidents happen all the time, at least i know my car is maintained and im in control

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
Mate if you could see the other airlines around the world. the stuff that happens to QANTAS is nothing to what happens to other airlines around the world. all it is the stupid news making a big deal for a story. dont get sucked in and believe. QANTAS is probably the most safest airline in the world. they dont have plane crashes..and that thing with the Airbus A330 dropping, thats Airbuses fault. not QANTAS. same if the ECU on your VE Commodore f()cks up when you first got the car koz that A330 was oretty new. Manufacturers fault. Not QANTAS

that is one concern that i took into account, so what exactly is airbus and is it a independent company running under quantas? as in they make their own repairs and such?

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
that is one concern that i took into account, so what exactly is airbus and is it a independent company running under quantas? as in they make their own repairs and such?

Airbus are the manufacturer.

electro cruiser

Reaction score
yea Holdens make commodors.
Airbus make A330's
Boeing make 747 etc

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Fake Qantas engineer offers false references to judge | National News | News.com.au

i just saw this in news.com which shows the lack of research done on engineers before there hired by quantas, its all a bit suss to me, quantas may be the safest company in the world but i still dont feel completely safe so being the safest flyer means nothing if a risk is likely to occur

Do you believe eveything the media reports?

And its Qantas, you call yourself an Australian.

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
No but i belive the judges verdict which is final and has been investigated, and admitted by the offender.

And im Australian, but an Australian which looks out for his/her own safety not what is an aussie icon