Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

qld transport questions

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
guys and galls

got a few questions,

is it possible to get a car which has been listed as a non repairable write of re-regesterd? reason i ask is this relates to old mates shaggerz vn i got my hands on, i took the vin number down to qld transport (and old engine number) and it turnes out that it wasnt the orriginal engine fitted to the car, she has been threw 2 engines, but the car has been listed as a non-repairable write off.

there is no dammage on the car, not a bloody scratch, no evidence of any sort of a crash in it's life (except for a slight rear left fix up)

so the car has either been re-plated with a different set of numbers (from a wreck) or she has infact been in a crash and bent so hard core it's not funny. anyone got any ideas?

cheers
garth

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
as far as i know you can only re register them if they are classified as a repairable write off.
if its classed as a statutory or non repairable write off then you have no chance & all its good for is parts.

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/qt/LTASinfo.nsf/ReferenceLookup/Written_off_vehicle_brochure.pdf/$file/Written_off_vehicle_brochure.pdf

can't get the link to work so copy & paste it :thumbsup:

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
holy crap Garth every time I hear about that damn car it gets dodgier and dodgier...

:b:

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
its all good, car's numbers passed, she's been put down as a repairable write off, no idea why, they did tell me it was due to cost of fixing prevoius dammage, so they simply wrote it off, crash repairs have been fixed, but it hasnt been passed by qld transport as a certified car, so that will happen soon enough.

so it's all good, forgot to mention it to every one yesterday

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Thank god for that! Was worried for a while there u weren't going to be able to do what u wanted with it. Keep the info coming on what ur doing with it. I'm keen to see the results :)

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
if it said it was a writeoff and there is no sign of damage or even repair to damage maybe it was a rebirth?

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
Garth said:
is it possible to get a car which has been listed as a non repairable write of re-regesterd?

nope, they won't allow it at all i don't believe.