Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

qld transport

Z

ZER0

just out of interest iv seen alot of those purple and white qld transport patrol cars/utes about latley... im interested as to what they can fine you for?... what are there powers?

R

rattattack1313

Truck drivers call them "Scalies"...either because they are from a chickens feet, or because they operate the truckies weigh-bridges.....they can put your car off the road if you are unroadworthy...they can call the Police on you...they can Hold you there untill the Police arrive.....generally good blokes, if you don't provoke them.....(like taipans, you know???)......

Z

ZER0

cheers rat! so if i was speeding could they pull me over and hold me till the police arrive?

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
i can tell ya this much, these guy's can pull you over at the drop of a hat, and do a road side road worthy, they are a force to be reckoned with. you peeve them off, they can yellow sticker your car at the drop of a hat, they cruise the roads looking at trucks, things like that, looking at dogy old cars, and can take you off the road

when those purple light's flash you have to pull over, and then the games begin.

if your nice to them, they are nice to you, simple, you ark up at something, they will drag ya threw the entire thing, so watch out

cheers
garth

Z

ZER0

ok, so say i was speeding, whilst they cant fine me they may pull me over and give my car a once over.

can they breathalise you?

MarzVP

I now own a TARAGO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 Tarago
How about you don't speed then you won't have to worry about them pulling you over!! Speeding is illegal after all.

R

rattattack1313

ZER0 said:
ok, so say i was speeding, whilst they cant fine me they may pull me over and give my car a once over.

can they breathalise you?

Bloke....since Joe Bjorke-Petersen was in, the QLD Police can do ANYTHING they want to....strip search you & your vehicle,on the side of the road if they wish,and it is up to you to re-assemble your vehicle....... go to your house & enter without a warrant, because they believe you have some illicit venture there...not much stops them up here, mate......

Z

ZER0

MarzVP said:
How about you don't speed then you won't have to worry about them pulling you over!! Speeding is illegal after all.

dear lord... iv never had a speeding ticket in my life and dont intend to, all i was trying to work out is what there powers are?

id never really seen these cars patrolling until about a month ago... now i see them two or three times a week... in marked and unmarked cars!

i think its great... keeping un-safe cars off the road, i drive a stock vx, and drive like a grandpa, i have nothing to worrie about. im asking because im curious.

to my knowlage the police are the only people who can issue fines for speeding, running lights, drink driving and so on.

rattattack1313 said:
Bloke....since Joe Bjorke-Petersen was in, the QLD Police can do ANYTHING they want to.

Do these cars belong to qld police or qld transport?... i was under the impression that they had nothing to do with the police?

R

rattattack1313

QLD Police mate......they can do ANYTING they want.........

Z

ZER0

ohh... so the cars belong to the police department... cheers rat... now what your saying makes sense. cheers mate