Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quadrajet for 253

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
nah quite the opposite. the bog is from the secondarys opening too early, and trying to meter fuel when there isnt enough venturie vacuum. if they never open, its problem solved, he just wont have anywhere near as much power ;)

the one thing everyone forgets about..and you cannot do anything about is
the TWO big rear blades in the throttle body that open up when you push the go-pedal
(as there is a mechanical link between the primary and secondary throttle shafts)
and
this means some extra air in..and no fuel to match that, if you shut off the secondary air valve
plus you are not allowing the upper accelerating well ports to come into play
both factors = a bog

Understanding the Quaddie 'power' system would tell you that

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
nah quite the opposite. the bog is from the secondarys opening too early, and trying to meter fuel when there isnt enough venturie vacuum. if they never open, its problem solved, he just wont have anywhere near as much power ;)

if they don't open at all, there won't be any bog, but if the spring is too tight and they open too late it will bog because the mechanical flaps are wide open, yet the top vacuum flaps are only partially open.

I had the problem with the quaddy on my previous VH. Floor it and the engine would bog, stutter and then take off like a rocket. I loosened the secondary spring flap spring tensions and problem solved. The transition was far smoother.

Last edited: