Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question about our alarm systems

dredrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina Sedan
I would like to know if my 2007 Calais V has a sensor on the windows to detect if they have been broken or not?
Also, if a broken window will set the alarm off, is it possible for a potential theif to hit the internal door unlock button to shut the alarm off? Or any other method to shut the alarm off?

I realize this is potentially sensitive information, so feel free to pm with answers.

Also the reason I ask is I've unfortunately relocated to a more than questionable area and will be intently listening for any signs of dodgy activities going on.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
I'm pretty sure the alarm can only be turned off with the key in the ignition, or possibly also if you press the unlock door button.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
No glass breakage sensors no. A door needs to be opened to trigger the alarm and it can only be turned off by the remote/key.

You in Balga? lol

dredrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina Sedan
Worse...girrawheen haha

So say they smash the windows, if they reach in and if they havent set the alarm off, hit the unlock button, the car alarm is disarmed and they are free to attack the ignition/engine immobilizer side of the alarm system??

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Only the unlock button on your key head should turn it off. If the VE is like the VZ, always double lock your doors, so they can't pull the locks up.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The alarm can only be disarmed by the key.

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
Worse...girrawheen haha

So say they smash the windows, if they reach in and if they havent set the alarm off, hit the unlock button, the car alarm is disarmed and they are free to attack the ignition/engine immobilizer side of the alarm system??
Are you trying to steal a car?? :)

dredrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina Sedan
Haha if I had that kinda naus, I'd be trying to steal the gleaming white Ferrari 458 Italia I seen parked in the city the other day haha

No it's purely for my vehicles safety.... Think like a thief and all that jazz. It's also making me consider an aftermarket alarm system with more ultrasonic sensors and security.

HUX 90

POSION VE SS UTE
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS UTE
Ah good old Girrawheen. You can get aftermarket canbus alarm systems with glass break sensors that will arm/disarm with the factory central locking.

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
Only the unlock button on your key head should turn it off. If the VE is like the VZ, always double lock your doors, so they can't pull the locks up.

I notice the reference to "Double Locking" the car.
I'm just curious.... The alarm on a VE, is it only armed when you hit the lock button twice (making the horn sound once). Or does it arm when you simply press it once, locking all the doors.