Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question about our alarm systems

dredrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina Sedan
I think double locking has been eliminated from the VE. Mine just clicks for every press after the first locking.

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
I think double locking has been eliminated from the VE. Mine just clicks for every press after the first locking.

My spare key does that. Just clicks each time I press it. But in my 2008 SV6, the primary key sounds the horn once each time I press the lock button (after the initial first lock)

dredrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina Sedan
Hmm perhaps I'm using the wrong key...I didn't realize there was a difference.
But actually I think I prefer the way my spare locks it with one click.

Hektic

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV Ignition Orange
The horn only goes on in a VE ( when locking the car ) only if you choose the option in the computer with the steering wheel along with more options like locking the car automaticly when driving over 13km/h

jbray1984

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking for a VE
The horn only goes on in a VE ( when locking the car ) only if you choose the option in the computer with the steering wheel along with more options like locking the car automaticly when driving over 13km/h

I didn't know this! :eek:
This was just how it was when I got the car...
Does that auto-lock function unlock the car when it goes back into park?
Also, how does one get to these options... And why does it not do the same feature when using the spare key?

iluvnorks

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY & 2013 Ford Ranger 4X4
All this info about double locking doors and auto lock functions and heaps of other stuff is in the user guide ya get with the car.
Well mine has anyway..

Hektic

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV Ignition Orange
from memory if you put key in ignotion turn turn it over to accessories, with the trip buton on your left click it till your screen changes to ( customise settings ) its somthing like that then with re up and down volume button push it and youl see all the options there.

womble66

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE CALAIS V - V6
In the Calais V you can configure each key to different settings including seat, mirrors, radio channel and the customised setup of the security and lights etc. Each key remembers all the settings seat, mirrors, radio channel simple when it is removed from the ignition and you setup all the other features with the key in the ignition and turned on you then use the trip computer button and the scroll/enter wheel to navigate to customise all the other personal settings for each key. They don't have to be the same for either key and each key has to be done seperately. Yes its all in the User manual.

burleighboy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SV6 A6
I didn't know this! :eek:
This was just how it was when I got the car...
Does that auto-lock function unlock the car when it goes back into park?
Also, how does one get to these options... And why does it not do the same feature when using the spare key?

It's called "Engineer Mode". Press and hold the left scroll button down, then turn key to accessories or you can also start the engine too. Then you can use the same button to scroll through the menu. However, I found if you leave that menu for another one when the engine is on, you lose it and have to repeat the process again.