Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question on Headers and Cats..

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Lol ive tried everything . I've given up now just gonna wait it out!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
This is what i hate about the ATO and government. If they owe you money, they make you wait, can't do a damn thing. If you were owed 2k in a return, and you didn't claim it, they are more than happy to sit on it for ever. But if YOU owe THEM money, god forbid! They'll call collections on your ass and hound you till you pay. Jerks.

Are you going to install the exhaust your self? If so, i'd be interested in taking it to the place thats going to tune it and ask them to get a base run first before mods, just for historical purposes. My base run in my caprice was with my headers and exhaust on already, so not very accurate of what stock is

vr355stroker

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 clubby w/Ls3, 05 VZ Lumina
hey has anyone heard of Sikky they do an extractor?I've got me eye on a set of these on gumtree they are ceramic coated 1 7/8" 4 into 1's now if I can get them at the right price it'll be good but I only hav one concern and that is will they hang to low under the car as I'm going to lower my car 30mm and then I think maybe they will scrap over the speed bumps in my street...don't know??

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
This is what i hate about the ATO and government. If they owe you money, they make you wait, can't do a damn thing. If you were owed 2k in a return, and you didn't claim it, they are more than happy to sit on it for ever. But if YOU owe THEM money, god forbid! They'll call collections on your ass and hound you till you pay. Jerks.

Are you going to install the exhaust your self? If so, i'd be interested in taking it to the place thats going to tune it and ask them to get a base run first before mods, just for historical purposes. My base run in my caprice was with my headers and exhaust on already, so not very accurate of what stock is

Exactly right! If I owed them they would of sent me a court attendance notice by now! Pricks! But I've had a stock ss on the dyno before the they generally punch out about 315 HP atw stock.

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
But I've had a stock ss on the dyno before the they generally punch out about 315 HP atw stock.

My car with a full exhaust only made 306hp, where I had my car tuned they told me they generally see 280rwhp from a stock SS on their dyno.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Really? My old one bog stock made 315hp it made 361 after full system OTR and tune.

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
Yeah, I mean it's always going to differ from dyno to dyno, and how tight its strapped in etc etc.

I ran 306hp with a full exhaust, and 364hp with VCM OTR, full exhaust, and mafless. On that dyno cars typically get 280-290hp dead stocker.

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
They will make more in cab noise, I lined my boot with Mass Loaded Vinyl, it's not cheap but made a big difference, if the noise becomes a problem try putting sheet under your cargo areas carpet.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
I was on a chassis dyno. I hate rollers strapping the #### out of a car doesn't mimic real life conditions. Chassis is closest. And that's why allot of places don't have them due to the cost of them.