Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question on Headers and Cats..

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Chassis dynos are roller dynos. The two different types are chassis (roller) and engine.

Strapping the car down only stops wheel slip on the rollers, makes no difference to how much torque the engine can produce.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
My car with a full exhaust only made 306hp, where I had my car tuned they told me they generally see 280rwhp from a stock SS on their dyno.

Weird. Is that with a tune? 306hp is only 228kw (are you talking at the flywheel?)

Mine made 225rwkw (302rwhp) with just the full 2.5" exhaust on it and then after OTR and tune made 264rwkw (354rwhp).

Gotta be specific OP?

They will make more in cab noise, I lined my boot with Mass Loaded Vinyl, it's not cheap but made a big difference, if the noise becomes a problem try putting sheet under your cargo areas carpet.

Dude. Wtf are you on about?

mikey-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportwagon
Weird. Is that with a tune? 306hp is only 228kw (are you talking at the flywheel?)

Mine made 225rwkw (302rwhp) with just the full 2.5" exhaust on it and then after OTR and tune made 264rwkw (354rwhp).

Yep, I made 306rwhp with a full exhaust and no tune or OTR.

I made 364rwhp with a full exhaust, OTR and mafless tune.

Like I said, there isn't a huge different between out results really, easily just differences in the dyno, and even the car, not all cars make the same power exactly from factory.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Yep, I made 306rwhp with a full exhaust and no tune or OTR.

I made 364rwhp with a full exhaust, OTR and mafless tune.

Like I said, there isn't a huge different between out results really, easily just differences in the dyno, and even the car, not all cars make the same power exactly from factory.

Ahh, that makes more sense. Very similar results then :)

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
The dyno where the rear wheels are removed and the dyno bolts to the hubs. Thats the dyno I was tuned on with my old car.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Ahhh OK. Terminology. I have only heard them referred to as Hub Dyno's.

Turtle2388

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
Ahhh OK. Terminology. I have only heard them referred to as Hub Dyno's.

Yea my bad, that's all it is terminology. Gee I'm getting sick of waiting for my tax!!!! Will I still be able to get the full manta system for $2460?

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Dude. Wtf are you on about?

Dude I'm on about dude what the dude OP asked dude, didn't you read dude? Here read again dude!
I've got a Calais and the car was bought as a family wagon and I want more power without adding a huge amount of noise. Currently the 2.5 system is the perfect noise level in the car. Will the size of the cat effect the noise more then the headers?.

Again dude, to quieten down exhaust noise dude in car line the boot dude with MLV. Dude.

SCATTERBRAIN - Don't Call Me Dude - YouTube

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Yea my bad, that's all it is terminology. Gee I'm getting sick of waiting for my tax!!!! Will I still be able to get the full manta system for $2460?

Yes you will.