Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick LAMS bike

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
I'm 182cm, i have a 1989 cbr250r. I've had no issues with it at all, it's been a great learners bike. i'm looking forward to upgrading though. Only eight more days till i go for my opens test, can't wait.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
I'm 182cm, i have a 1989 cbr250r. I've had no issues with it at all, it's been a great learners bike. i'm looking forward to upgrading though. Only eight more days till i go for my opens test, can't wait.

There's a test? lol

I had to do a test full day course for my L's (that you can't fail). After 6 months I got my P's after a 10 minute practical test. After a year, automatic full licence. But I already had a full car licence.

walkahz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Wagon
Cheers must be a slow day didnt check in fees, clicked on the motorcycle link and it kept throwing me to other pages. Oh well got it now.
Three clicks from the main page will get you here...

Common registration fees : VicRoads

If that's ridiculous, then I'd hate to think how easy you think it should be!

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
There's a test? lol

I had to do a test full day course for my L's (that you can't fail). After 6 months I got my P's after a 10 minute practical test. After a year, automatic full licence. But I already had a full car licence.

If you have your full car licence here, you only have to answer 5 questions to get your l's, then you can go straight for your p's. After a year you can then go for your opens, which is exactly the same as the p's test, only they put you on a bigger bike. A couple of years ago the laws were really relaxed, you could get your opens on the day if you had held your opens in a car for three years. I'm spewin i didn't do it then.

Kieran263

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais Wagon 6.0 A6
If it's just a runabout you can't beat the good old Honda CT110 :D

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
why do you want the fastest LAMS bike the speed limit is 100, 115 in some places

do you plan on learning to ride a bike or just killing yourself ?

and before anyone abuses me i've been riding for 25 years

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
why do you want the fastest LAMS bike the speed limit is 100, 115 in some places

It's not how quick you go, it's how quick you get there.

From 25 years experience you should know that. You should know we're all hoons at 18-22 etc. You gotta remember, you need power to overtake aswell.. My 250R struggles.

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
It's not how quick you go, it's how quick you get there.

From 25 years experience you should know that. You should know we're all hoons at 18-22 etc. You gotta remember, you need power to overtake aswell.. My 250R struggles.

no worries mate

my 600cc does 0 to 100 in 2.8 seconds and has a top speed of 270kph

my first bike only did 125 kph while i was learning

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol

maybe he wants to take it to the track so he can learn to ride a bike properly? dunno.

but it really depends on the learner. some of us who had to have a nice L plate and slow bike have had alot more experience than others, but some with no experience. so some riders are ready for a big fast bike straight up.

i know i was right to jump on a 600 or more straight up, but was stuck with gay restrictions.

some of the learner bikes are terribly slow, and usually with that comes crap brakes, chinese tyres and suspension with no dampning. haha i hate most LAMS bikes.