Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick LAMS bike

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Just sold my cbr250rr, only had a genuine 3*** on the clock. Aus delivered model. I smashed every standard motor Holden have produced, including a 6.2L. That could be down to driver capabilities but the VE R8's rear was buried into the road, He got me at about 140. Worst thing about cibbies is you have to rev guts out to make power, 18,000 redline, power comes on at 9,000. Awesome :D

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
Just sold my cbr250rr, only had a genuine 3*** on the clock. Aus delivered model. I smashed every standard motor Holden have produced, including a 6.2L. That could be down to driver capabilities but the VE R8's rear was buried into the road, He got me at about 140. Worst thing about cibbies is you have to rev guts out to make power, 18,000 redline, power comes on at 9,000. Awesome :D

i doubt it that your 40 HP bike when new could, and your learner bike has had the ODO wound back i bet it had all crazy looking numbers all over the place:rofl2:

learner bikes are just that "learner bikes" and get ridden a lot, some people decide it's not for them, so it's pointless spending too much money on them cos you'll worry more about crashing than learning

if you're serious about riding (and it's a luxury if you intend on driving too), save the money for your next modern sports bike

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute

Haha and dropping the clutch at 14,000-18,000 to get the front wheel up like 40cm max.

i doubt it that your 40 HP bike when new could, and your learner bike has had the ODO wound back i bet it had all crazy looking numbers all over the place:rofl2:

learner bikes are just that "learner bikes" and get ridden a lot, some people decide it's not for them, so it's pointless spending too much money on them cos you'll worry more about crashing than learning

if you're serious about riding (and it's a luxury if you intend on driving too), save the money for your next modern sports bike

Well for me I've been riding dirt bikes for ages, my dirt bikes goes faster sideways then the CBR250R goes in a straight line.. I could of easily started on a 600, i rode one the other day and it shits all over the CBR, but still not quite enough for me haha.

EDIT: I don't think the cbr would keep up with a 6.2L.. it might take off even with a 5.7 but soon as you both hit 100 it's gone, after 100ks the cbr just doesn't get going. Not to menton they only top 180ks lol (i've only got mine 165 and it likes to feel like it's going to fall apart so i wont do it again haha).

Mines a 1989 CBR250R with Genuine 34,000k's and that's LOW for my model, i don't believe 3xxx it must of gone around the clock. You can tell because the numbers don't line up properly.

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32

I can't prove anything now that its gone. It wasn't wound back I meticulously looked into it. I am extremely sure it was genuine. Too bad its gone now, you're in Melb I would of shown you. Oh well litre bike next :D

Also DDR, I smashed a 5.7 on more than one occassion. It did it easy, so easy. VX Clubby and VY SS are the 2 I remember.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
I can't prove anything now that its gone. It wasn't wound back I meticulously looked into it. I am extremely sure it was genuine. Too bad its gone now, you're in Melb I would of shown you. Oh well litre bike next :D

Also DDR, I smashed a 5.7 on more than one occassion. It did it easy, so easy. VX Clubby and VY SS are the 2 I remember.

Hmm I'll have to see one day, haven't really had one drag me, the CBR seems so slow to me yet it flys away from cars hahaha. I'll get my mate to take off next to me in his car and see how it goes one night.

HuskeyVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
NONE
I'm currently riding a 225cc Yamaha scorpio, i love it to bits. little bit of power but its comfortable to ride and im getting experience and thats all i want atm.
but i am saving for a Triumph 675 daytona or cbr 600