Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sik_dose

Hybrids. Cars for fools.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1986 VL Calais Turbo, VZ SV6
I had a look at the spot where I "squeeeeeked" the wheels and because the road surface is painted red thers about 50 other sets of skid marks on the same spot and none going on to the un painted road after it. The painted part is on a steap hill in a small lane way with a stop sight at the top so taking off with full traction is a bitch esp with a minispool. I dont think i want to persue assult charges because I dident lose the fight and i dont have a witness.

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
I had a look at the spot where I "squeeeeeked" the wheels and because the road surface is painted red thers about 50 other sets of skid marks on the same spot and none going on to the un painted road after it. The painted part is on a steap hill in a small lane way with a stop sight at the top so taking off with full traction is a bitch esp with a minispool. I dont think i want to persue assult charges because I dident lose the fight and i dont have a witness.

fair enough, but they want to take the time to make statements etc etc to have you charged with doing a "burnout" but its ok for one of them to come to your door to tell you how much of a tool you are and hit you.

I would find out who the Highway Patrol officer is and go off your own bat and speak with him, they arent all unreasonable people and they know full well that it will only mean more work for them in court if they go ahead with a sketchy charge. If there are marks everywhere and the only evidence he has is a group of people in the street he may have enough evidence to charge you, i dont know. I know I wouldnt bother with it. I would issue a warning and tell you to be more careful in the future.

Matt

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
but any way im wrong evry one else is right i dont care any more i know nothing and all you guys are experts

Not all of us are experts. The big picture here is you are trying to argue legal issues with a Police Officer which you must admit is pretty silly.

Lets assume you are an Architect. Along comes me. Lets assume I am a checkout operator. Someone asks a technical question about the design of a building and I answer with a pile of dribble because clearly I am not in this industry, therefore I don't know really but base my answers on the experience of a friend, who is an electrician, that has just built a house.

You read my BS and decide to post up the correct information. I then stupidly try to prove you wrong. I am sure at this point you can see where you went wrong.

vr1uz-fe

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr berlina
Not all of us are experts. The big picture here is you are trying to argue legal issues with a Police Officer which you must admit is pretty silly.

Lets assume you are an Architect. Along comes me. Lets assume I am a checkout operator. Someone asks a technical question about the design of a building and I answer with a pile of dribble because clearly I am not in this industry, therefore I don't know really but base my answers on the experience of a friend, who is an electrician, that has just built a house.

You read my BS and decide to post up the correct information. I then stupidly try to prove you wrong. I am sure at this point you can see where you went wrong.

ok i did try and argue and might know as much as any cops

but there is still the point i raised which was pretty much cops have a one sided view of the law as simple as that

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
ok i did try and argue and might know as much as any cops

but there is still the point i raised which was pretty much cops have a one sided view of the law as simple as that

double post

Ace_VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP S Pac
Ok, firstly you dont know as much as many cops, you have a basic understanding of how the law works, and I mean basic.

Secondly how do cops have a one sided view of the law and where did you raise that point?

As sashyre said we are supposed to have a one sided view, but most cops have the ability to see both sides and use discretion when its warranted.

For example, we see a bloke on his birthday doing a nudie run through a park. We stop, chat with him, and as opposed to charging him, like we should having a one sided view of the law, we let him go with a caution. In that case what would charging him have achieved, he was 21 and doing something stupid on his birthday.

Chilly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commy
I'm not going to bother quoting the many times you haven't structured a sentence properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.