Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

quick question

L

littlemissVN

okay well ive checked the battery and the fuse and i think they're cool but if the battery went flat and i didnt leave anything on - how the f*&#@ did that happen??

R

rattattack1313

battery...

batteries only have a certain use-able life.....they design things to die these days...so they hava n aftermartket......light globes and tyres( my daddy worked for Exxon for 30 + years...)... are in the same category.... designed to wear out.... ;)

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
lol yeah tell me about it i have to hit me passanger side light for the light bulb to work on low beam lol :ranting:

R

rattattack1313

lights..

must be a loose wire,or a bad connection,mate....easy enuff to track down.... :)

superchargedv6

VRO-00M
Reaction score
Members Ride
94 vr supercharged
how old is the battery? ive had that happen to me i parked in drive way one night and next morning battery was flat as a tack. bought a new one and didnt have a problem again, they tend to just die without warning. new battery should fix it

L

littlemissVN

thanks

wanted to say thanks to everyone for the info - its not easy being a girl who's never driven until 3 days ago and trying to figure things out - who needs a mechanic when you've got the guys from justcommodores!!!! :yeah:

Slooth

Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH EFI V8
So how old is the battery? Try cleaning the battery terminals as well. Make sure that when they are put back on that they are all the way on and tight as well.

Is your alarm/immobiliser factiry? Some aftermarket gear can put a constant drain on the battery especially if it is a bit old with the effect multiplied by a dodgy battery or terminal connection.

What else have you checked?

Drager

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calis
i have a VY Calis and i havent driven it for two weeks and now when i try to start it its very very weak and i have to try a couple of times to get it going should i just chuck it in for aservice since its under warrenty

Slooth

Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH EFI V8
Service

Get it check out if it is under warranty, because once that runs out you could be up for hugh costs - new battery, alternator? Get it 100% whilst you have the warranty. You may not even need a service.

All the battery might need is a good charge.

Torana

Young Einstein
Reaction score
Website
holdenworld.tt.cx
Members Ride
KE Laser Ghia 1.6 Carbie M5
Yeah batteries only last 'bout two years. But if you don't start the car or switch it to "ON" or "ACC" for 'bout two weeks then batt. will most likely be ****ed.