Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quick Questions: 2011 Holden Captiva... wanting to buy tomorrow... any advice?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
People bag them but I suspect not many of them have actually ever owned one. My neighbour has the turbo diesel and it is very nice to drive, gets great economy and will tow very large loads, (a tractor on a heavy duty car trailer) with out batting an eyelid although the fuel consumption did go up a fair bit with that behind it. As to the ix35, having driven both I would buy the Captiva myself if I was in the market, better acceleration and better handling.
I was blocked into a car parking spot because a craptiva had a meltdown behind my car. It was only 12 months old at the time and gears could not be selected at all. Had to restart the car a few times before we could get it moving again.

Not to mention my experience in automotive spares sales - I constantly came across people who had serious issues with their recently purchased captivas.
I’ve scanned more of them that I can count.
Always oil pressure issues and emissions issues with the diesels.

Very poorly designed and made.

PRNDL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 and VH Vacationer 253
not always true.

there are in this world lemons, you see lot's of Cruze's on the road too - every auto model is a ticking time bomb.

Interested in this if it isn’t too far OT.

Were there any improvements that came along with the ugly nose on the last model ?

Did all models (1.8 Diesel 1.4 1.6 ) have the auto issues.

Are the manuals ok ?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
the engines had known issues with water pumps afaik. this included just like the gearbox an extended recall program (the gearbox recall program was unofficial and pretty hush hush but lasted up to 160.000 k's.

problem with cruze was people would get multiple failures. also it was stated that the issues with the gearboxes were sorted, they were not.

Nickhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE (i think)
okay guys, were gonna do this again. i am still looking for a suitable vehicle for my wife. this one in question she really likes (she has brought her standards down from wanting a ute of sorts) :D

it's a 2014 Chevy ....erm, i mean Holden Malibu. It's the first one I have seen for sale of all cars. unlike every third ad for captiva's.

i will take average at best as a sign i should inspect ;)

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Your a Devil for punishment.
Another Korean Daiwoo I hope you realise.
People we know bought a new one and moved it on at great loss after twelve months.
Your choice , but be aware and pay very little for it if you can’t help yourself.

Nickhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE (i think)
Your a Devil for punishment.
Another Korean Daiwoo I hope you realise.
People we know bought a new one and moved it on at great loss after twelve months.
Your choice , but be aware and pay very little for it if you can’t help yourself.
there is a reason i post questions here about cars... :D

for what it's worth, i was informed the car sold to another.

it's getting to the point i may have to invest in 2 grand of upgrades to her pathfinder ROFL

Nickhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE (i think)
so, we're here at the end of the line. going to look at another commodore (the wife likes mine). Same year, 2011, fewer K's than what mine had on it (125k), just different color. on the bright side, if one of the two shits itself we will have 100% interchangeable parts ;)

126212259_4636148496426656_7315522412681220189_o.jpg

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
so, we're here at the end of the line. going to look at another commodore (the wife likes mine). Same year, 2011, fewer K's than what mine had on it (125k), just different color. on the bright side, if one of the two shits itself we will have 100% interchangeable parts ;)

126212259_4636148496426656_7315522412681220189_o.jpg

good man.